The American Kidney Fund (AKF) fights kidney disease on all fronts as the nation’s leading kidney nonprofit. AKF works on behalf of the 37 million Americans living with kidney disease, and the millions more at risk, with an unmatched scope of programs that support people wherever they are in their fight against kidney disease—from prevention through post-transplant living.
With programs of prevention, early detection, financial support, disease management, clinical research, innovation and advocacy, no kidney organization impacts more lives than AKF. With the nation’s largest free kidney health screening program, Know Your Kidneys™, AKF fosters kidney disease prevention and early detection in at-risk individuals and communities. One out of every 6 kidney failure patients cannot afford the cost of care, and AKF is there for them, providing lifesaving treatment-related financial assistance. AKF enables all people with kidney disease to live their healthiest lives through disease management education, award-winning public and professional health education materials, courses and webinars. AKF drives innovation through strategic partnerships and investment in clinical research to improve patient outcomes, and fights tirelessly for legislation and health policy to improve the lives of kidney patients. AKF’s KidneyNation online fundraising community unites Americans in support of AKF’s mission.
AKF is one of the nation’s top-rated nonprofits and invests 97 cents of every donated dollar in programs, not overhead. AKF holds the highest 4-Star rating from Charity Navigator and the Platinum Seal of Transparency from GuideStar.
The Corporate Engagement Manager is a vital member of the corporate team with responsibilities to help implement AKF’s corporate development strategy, as well as helping to grow our portfolio of contributors. The Manager will report directly to the Sr. Director of Corporate Engagement, and work closely with the Directors of Corporate Engagement.
This position will be focused on 60% administrative/project management of corporate funded projects, 20% stewardship, 20% fundraising and other special projects.
• Serve as the Corporate team’s program manager playing a role in fundraising project management, prospecting, stewardship, and some direct fundraising.
• Manage a weekly cross-departmental meeting to coordinate all corporate-funded programs, working closely across departments to ensure sponsor deliverables are met within agreed upon timelines
• Manage budget tracking for all corporate funded projects and updating applicable staff related to status of budget vs. actual spend
• Manage sponsor benefit fulfillment for Corporate Members program, also working externally with Corporate Members, as needed
• Manage corporate stewardship plan, including development of a monthly corporate e-newsletter, charitable impact reports, and C-suite acknowledgement letters
• Serve as corporate liaison to the Office of Communications and Marketing for coordination of any online content needed for the AKF website or Facebook page and other relevant social media needs
• Support Sr. Director and Director(s) fundraisers with the preparation of proposals as needed, including assisting in writing and submitting grant proposals directly into online systems or to corporate contacts, as appropriate
• Conduct regular research to identify a broad pool of corporate prospects, coordinating quarterly outreach to new prospects via mail, email and phone
• Keep up to date on current trends in the health/pharma industry
• Manage development of materials, logistics coordination and other preparations for annual conferences, or new virtual activities, as needed
• Ensure corporate contacts are kept up to date in development database (Raiser’s Edge)
• Assist in other administrative and/or corporate projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate:
• Must have a minimum of two to four (2-4) years of relevant development experience, preferably corporate partnership management, prospect research, and grant writing
• Must have experience in managing budgets and using Excel spreadsheets to keep track of multiple projects, and it is preferred to also have experience in using Power Point.
• Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Be able to anticipate, plan, prioritize and react to changing needs and situations with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy
• Have strong interpersonal skills, a positive disposition, strong written and verbal communication skills, be goal-oriented, ability to succeed in a team environment, excellent decision-making and judgment skills, strong project management skills as well an innate sense of pace and urgency
• Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
• A proactive self-starter with ability to equally function autonomously and as a member of a team, with a high regard for accountability and outcomes.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) as well as fundraising database software (Raisers Edge, Convio, or similar software)
• Must be able to travel, if needed (no more than 10% of time)
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs. related to delivery of sponsorship proposals or benefits
• B.A./B.S. degree preferred
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.kidneyfund.org or https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6162608.careers?ShowJob=352593620 to apply.