About Francis Parker School:
Francis Parker School is a coeducational independent day school in San Diego, California with 1315 students in grades JK-12. Founded in 1912, the school’s mission is “to create and inspire a diverse community of independent thinkers whose academic excellence, global perspective and strength of character prepare them to make a meaningful difference in the world.” Francis Parker School has two campuses in close proximity. One in Mission Hills (Lower School JK-5), and a second in Linda Vista (Middle and Upper School 6-8 and 9-12, respectively).
The Francis Parker Advancement Office is committed to support and expand the School’s culture of philanthropy, and the Director plays a vital role in fulfilling this commitment. The Director of Alumni Relations is charged with meeting annual goals for fundraising, alumni engagement, and managing related events and fundraising programs.
Engagement and Stewardship:
· Plan, assist, attend, and support regional, local, and on-site alumni engagement events (e.g., homecoming, reunion, Alumni Impact Month, etc.)
· Ability to travel 15% of the time to visit alumni and host regional alumni events
· Develop and/or expand affinity and young alumni programming
· Develop online directory for alumni-student networking
· Engage and coordinate faculty and staff participation in alumni events (i.e., master classes, regional travel, etc.)
· Assist with effective stewardship and recognition of individual donors, including print and electronic recognition, events, and personalized stewardship
· Oversee and execute a robust reunion engagement and giving program
· Oversee, build, and manage alumni recognition awards (i.e., athletic, arts, and distinguished), ceremonies, and events; implement new awards (i.e., rising star and outstanding)
· Plan, strategize, and organize annual alumni giving programs and campaigns (e.g., Alumni Giving Days of Impact)
· Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual alumni donors with annual giving potential of $5,000 or less
· Maintain an active portfolio of 50+ alumni and alumni family donors for personal solicitations
· Create and execute all digital annual giving appeals using multi-media platforms
· Recruit, train, and manage volunteers to assist with alumni giving programs and campaigns
· Grow alumni giving participation and increase loyalty giving
· Maintain a communication strategy in collaboration with communication office to ensure that alumni are informed and connected
· Curate and manage the Parker Alumni Connection e-newsletter, alumni pages of the Parker Magazine (i.e., class notes and profiles) and the School’s website
· Oversee School’s archives collection and annual review, entry, and removal of archived material
Database and reporting:
· Update and manage all alumni dashboards; ability to run reports, manage data, and ensure data accuracy
· Work collaboratively with the Advancement Services Administrator to update alumni records on the database and on the portal, and to track all volunteer activities and attendance
· Use outside databases (e.g., Give Campus, LinkedIn) to gather data and support engagement and annual giving efforts.
· Ensure constituent records are up to date and have all the correct biographical and gift information
· Staff the alumni council by providing exceptional and timely materials, resources, and support
· Attend all Advancement events; help to ensure successful execution of events and engagement activities
· Attend select School-wide events to meet and interact with community members
· Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holiday weekends as needed
· Others duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree is required
● Minimum 3 years of experience in engagement and/or recruitment programs
● Knowledge of fundraising
● Track record cultivating clients/prospects
● Broad experience working in an outward-facing capacity
● Represents the highest level of professionalism
● Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
● Demonstrates a can-do attitude and takes initiative
● Creative thinking and eager to learn and seek new ways to engage the community
● Strong organizational skills
● Attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
● Motivated and works well in a team environment
● Advanced relationship-building skills
● Fluent in computer CRM systems, Microsoft Office, and Google Suite
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, creed, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
If interested in the position, please fill out the electronic Francis Parker School Employment Application HERE. You will need to upload the following documents during this process: a cover letter and resume.
If you CANNOT or DO NOT wish to submit your application through the link above, a cover letter, resume, and a completed employment application (https://hipaa.jotform.com/220175101423136) should be submitted electronically to:
Shara Freeman Hoefel, Assistant Head of School for External Relations
Please find the PDF of our employment application here: find it here (https://www.francisparker.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Parker-Employment-Application-Revised-1-22.pdf)
Please indicate which position you are applying for in the subject line.