SaverLife (formerly EARN) is a nonprofit on a mission — to inspire, inform, and reward the millions of Americans who need help saving money. Through engaging technologies and strategic partnerships, we give working people the methods and motivation to take control of their financial future.
As a purpose-driven nonprofit, SaverLife is uniquely positioned to lead systemic change. Through our engaging SaverLife platform, we provide prizes, rewards, expert resources, gamification, and other effective strategies proven to incentivize saving and spur new behavior. Through our integrated network of employers, financial institutions, nonprofits, and advocacy groups we advance aspirational savings programs, analytic insights, and policy initiatives dedicated to a more equitable America.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Policy and Systems Change will drive SaverLife’s efforts to transform
the American financial system by acting as the bridge between the priorities of SaverLife’s rapidly growing
membership (currently 375,000) and those in the seat of power. Responsibilities include:
Build SaverLife’s Systems Change Agenda (15%)
- Lead SaverLife’s development of a policy agenda by incorporating data, member priorities, funder, and partner input into an actionable framework.
- Continuously analyze and review state and federal policies that impact the economic opportunity of low-income Americans and identify opportunities for SaverLife to engage in effective change.
- Work with the CEO and the Strategic Philanthropy Manager to identify funding opportunities and partnerships to support this work.
Nurture a Network to Support Change (25%)
- Find, build, and maintain direct relationships with policy makers, think tanks, advocates, and others in positions of power and influence who are eager to use data to drive smart policy.
- Develop partnerships with like-minded organizations that will help SaverLife members achieve policy priorities.
Leverage Data and Amplify Savers’ Voices (30%)
- Work closely with the Director of Research to align our research and policy agendas and serve as the primary relationship manager for policy and advocacy research partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to insert data and the voices of Savers into economic security conversations so those engaged in these conversations understand the true realities of their constituencies, clients, or customers.
- Assist in the design, writing and administration of Saver surveys as needed to ensure our policy agenda is informed by and shared with our membership.
- Work with the research and communications teams to publish briefs and reports that illustrate the experiences and priorities of SaverLife members through the use of stories and data.
- Work with the communications team to maximize media coverage of SaverLife’s policy work through letters to the editor, press releases, events, and social media.
Inspire and Lead Saver Advocacy (30%)
- Create and implement strategies to motivate SaverLife members to advocate for themselves.
- Leverage digital organizing and mobilization technologies to support member actions such as signing online petitions, contacting legislators via phone, email, newsletters, etc.
- Develop and implement voter registration and get out the vote campaigns.
- Refine the voice and tone of advocacy efforts for Saver-facing communications.
- Conduct interviews with Savers to better understand their needs and priorities.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a policy rock star who wants to use your powers to improve the financial health and well-being of millions of US households by creating real change.
- You excel at building networks and influencing others.
- You are passionate about amplifying the voices and power of working Americans.
- You understand the potential of rapidly scaling tech-based platforms in raising constituent voices in policy discussion and are committed to harnessing tech for good.
- You thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment where cross-functional teamwork is a must.
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years as a Public Policy Leader, preferably on issues of financial security, anti-poverty, or economic mobility.
- Proven track record of helping constituents magnify their impact through the use of data, technology, and well executed advocacy strategies.
- An existing network of policymakers, funders, researchers and influencers and the ability to get things done through productive internal and external partnerships.
- Familiarity with basic qualitative and quantitative research design principles.
- Executive level written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills – including ability to testify before policymakers and speak to the media.
- A dynamic and engaging presentation style across multiple platforms, live and virtual.
- B.A./B.S. degree; advanced degree a plus.
- Experience with survey and data analysis tools.
- Familiarity with hustle, new mode, everyaction desirable.
How To Apply
OUR OFFER AND COMMITMENT
The salary and benefits package for this position is competitive.
SaverLife is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics.
JOB LOCATION (SaverLife is currently operating virtually due to COVID-19)
San Francisco Bay Area location preferred but not required.
YOUR NEXT STEP
If this opportunity sounds like it’s for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14, 2020. If you are not sure if this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please email us.