Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
An organized, resourceful professional who will provide critical support to Arabella’s west coast business development leaders
We’re looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, high-performing individual to serve as an executive assistant to four senior leaders on Arabella’s West Client Development team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is interested in building a career in the social sector through exceptional work with senior leaders at Arabella and in the sector.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and business development support to senior leaders
- Act as a liaison and manage communication between the leader(s) and clients, board members and other stakeholders; act as an extension to the leader(s) when needed
- Handle a high volume of requests for meetings, appointments, and scheduling
- Manage complex calendars while coordinating travel arrangements and arranging out-of-town meetings for various purposes
- Compile and process expense reports and reimbursements, and timesheets
- Provide detailed briefings, research, and background documents for meetings, events, and trips
- Manage logistics for internal and external meetings/events, and speaking engagements
- Manage and ensure accuracy of data in CRM database including contact and revenue information
- Oversee special projects and assignments as required
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience
- Track record of excellence in an executive support role, including demonstrated experience anticipating the needs of a senior leader and planning time and materials appropriately. Executive network experience preferred
- The ability to work with high-profile individuals and demonstrated discretion with stakeholders, and to work cooperatively and inclusively with others to achieve shared goals, including encouraging and facilitating effective compromise, drawing on the capabilities of all team members, and leading team-level knowledge sharing
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to manage large-scale and cross-firm projects, including delegating and managing all resources, identifying and implementing improved processes, monitoring consistency across project teams, and providing direction and support to teammates
- The ability to help effectively communicate difficult and high-quality messages in writing and verbally; to adapt style, tone, and content to meet various needs; and to coach teammates on crafting content.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various and competing demands, and demonstrate elevated level of client service and responsiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- The ability to facilitate and negotiate among stakeholders with conflicting needs and to generate consensus among decision makers, and to solve complex challenges by identifying innovative solutions and facilitating coordination with others
- Flexibility, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to use available resources and feedback to continually develop mastery in your role and facilitate team and project-level learning, including coaching others
- The ability to elevate the voices of marginalized colleagues and mitigate power dynamics with staff with less formal authority
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
Arabella Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to racial equity. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We encourage you to read (or listen to) our DEI statement prior to applying. We make a particular effort to recruit people of color and members of marginalized groups to apply for open positions. Once you have applied, we welcome your feedback on how you have experienced our values around DEI in the recruitment process.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.