Founded in 1948, the San Francisco Foundation is one of the nation’s largest community foundations — a grantmaking public charity dedicated to improving life within a specific local region. Our mission is to mobilize resources and act as a catalyst for change to build strong communities, foster civic leadership, and promote philanthropy in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Administrative Assistant, Marketing and Communications is responsible for supporting the SFF Marketing and Communications team in meeting ambitious goals. This role includes day-to-day executive support for the Chief Marketing Officer, overall administrative support for the team, and communications-specific tasks and projects in alignment with team and foundation priorities. This role also collaborates closely with all members of the Marketing and Communications team and the Department of the CEO.
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN MONDAY, MAY 15, 2022
Administrative Support (60%)
- Full calendar management and administrative support for CMO
- Administrative support for the Marketing and Communications team, including scheduling, responding to internal and public inquiries, meeting preparation, and notetaking
- Invoice processing, vendor relationships, and contracts
- Tracking budget for the Marketing and Communications team and ensuring expenses are recorded correctly
- Assist with department-related communications materials for the foundation’s board of trustees, at the direction of the CMO
Communications Support (25%)
- Assist in implementation of multi-platform campaigns and other marketing and strategic communications activities – including writing campaign content – in collaboration with other members of the Marketing and Communications team
- Provide support for the department’s core strategies, which include narrative shift, increasing internal communications capacity, and the organization’s upcoming 75th anniversary
- Support ongoing management of digital assets, including acquisition, cataloging, maintenance, and updating
- Assist with media relations, including conducting media monitoring, building media lists, and assisting with media inquiries
- Support social media strategy, including creating posts, monitoring, and evaluation
Events Support (15%)
- Coordinate and/or support end-to-end event logistics for internal cross functional and external public facing meetings and events
- Support physical set-up of in-person events, including working with caterers and vendors, reserving facilities, setting up conference rooms, and other on-site logistical activities
- Support technology set-up of virtual events, including managing participants, setting up breakout rooms, running polls, and troubleshooting technical problems
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Take on increasing ownership of selected projects within Marketing and Communications that align with the team’s needs and the selected candidate’s interests
- Ensure that all SFF communications consistently adhere to high standards of excellence
- Demonstrate a strong command of institutional systems and technical platforms
- Demonstrate diplomacy and exercise sound judgement
- Effectively support department priorities
To be considered, applicant should have 2 – 5 years of experience in a related role (previous experience can be paid or unpaid)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively juggle competing priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience managing multiple calendars and scheduling using electronic platforms
- Prior experience in a closely related administrative support role
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt easily to changing situations and priorities and meeting multiple deadlines and goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
- Self-starter with a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Highly organized, with demonstrated success in managing multiple projects
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability in Microsoft ecosystem, especially Outlook email and calendar
- Ability to quickly learn new processes, systems, and applications as they are introduced into the work environment and, as appropriate, assist in training other team members
- Exemplary attention to detail, solution-focused orientation, and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated technology literacy in (or a strong desire to learn):
- Email marketing platforms (e.g., Mailchimp)
- CRM platforms (e.g., Salesforce)
- WordPress and or other content management systems
- Project management systems
- Experience in marking and communications work in paid or unpaid roles
- Interest in developing skills in marketing and communications, especially in the areas of event management, marketing automation, writing, and storytelling
- Interest in philanthropy, racial equity, and the Bay Area
Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.
Remote Work Policy: The San Francisco Foundation is adopting a long-term hybrid in-person and remote work policy. Dedicated to its employee health and safety, the foundation will continue to make decisions in accordance with San Francisco county and California mandates. Employees must reside in or plan to relocate to California if hired.
Requesting Accommodations: The foundation is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, the foundation will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How To Apply