About the Organization
The Pisces Foundation provides grants to nonprofit organizations to accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean and abundant water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world.
To learn more about Pisces’ work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
We are seeking a detailed-oriented, collaborative, self-starter to join our mission-driven team as Operations Assistant. The Operations Assistant plays a critical role in day-to-day operations and project support in a dynamic, growing foundation. The position is full-time, located in San Francisco, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
· Calendar management, expense reports, and filing for the Chief Operating Officer
· Office administrative tasks such as greeting guests, retrieving and sorting mail and deliveries, managing office and kitchen supplies and upkeep, preparing letters, handling light copy and scan projects, maintaining and organizing paper and electronic filing systems, setting up and taking down meetings, arranging catering, handling building work orders, and maintaining overall office appearance and functionality
· Implementation and proactive maintenance of Foundation-wide calendar
· Weekly invoice payment memo which includes meticulous preparation of invoice submissions, proofreading, editing, and similar tasks
· Document and contract support including proofreading, editing, formatting
· Human Resources support including managing job postings, hiring logistics, onboarding, and offboarding
· Light graphic design for website, branded documents
· Website updates and email blasts
· Logistics for board meetings and special events
· Troubleshoot minor computer, printer, smart phone, or other equipment issues; request IT service and support
Skills and experience:
· Highly developed computer skills including full literacy in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and especially Outlook for scheduling purposes
· Photoshop, Mailchimp, and WordPress skills are a plus
· Outstanding organizational, administrative, and analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail
· The ability to anticipate needs within areas of responsibility and proactively accomplish tasks
· Strong writing and editing abilities
· The ability to be a self-starter who assumes hands-on responsibility, is able to balance competing priorities and deadlines, and demonstrates sound judgment and good problem-solving skills
· Interest, comfort, and strength working in a dynamic organization, with familiarity with the nonprofit sector a plus
· Minimum two years’ experience working in a professional office environment
· Interest in Pisces Foundation’s mission and grants programs
Pisces Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
How To Apply
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and two recent references to: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line, “OPERATIONS ASSISTANT.”