We value a passionate commitment to improving schools. We have a deep belief in the power of data and analysis to improve decision-making. We believe that successful employees want to make the world a better place and are motivated to seize opportunities to do so.
We believe that committed individuals will grow and develop in an environment in which they are trained, mentored, and supported. We value hard work and productivity, but also recognize the importance of maintaining a work-life balance.
We believe each employee has a strong sense of ownership for the work that they do, and the work of YouthTruth as a whole. Strengths of YouthTruth’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect.
We believe, and research shows, that student and stakeholder feedback matters for school improvement and student success. That’s why, in 2008, we created YouthTruth – to help educators harness student and stakeholder feedback to accelerate improvements. We’ve heard from over 1.5 million students as well as thousands family and staff members across 39 states and four countries. When you join YouthTruth, you join a small and collaborative team that has big impact on schools across the U.S and the education sector.
To help deepen YouthTruth’s reach and impact, we are looking for someone to lead all aspects of our digital marketing. Our ideal candidate:
· Is a highly creative graphic and web designer with technical chops to go from concept to collateral.
· Is a self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively, responsive to feedback and motivated by team goals.
· Has experience effectively interpreting and visually representing data; would be excited to design microsites and PDF reports like this and this.
· Is a detail-oriented project manager who likes to keep things organized and on schedule, but who also can recognize necessary pivot points and iterate accordingly.
· Is a metrics maven who can nerd out on marketing analytics then use that data to inform strategy.
· Is a strong communicator and a collaborative team player who contributes to team culture.
· Is passionate about education and believes in the power of student voice to improve schools.
If this sounds like you, your work would span creative and technical projects like:
· Crafting, executing, and evaluating the success of digital marketing campaigns
· Managing lists and campaigns in our email marketing platform (currently Pardot)
· Managing the website
· Running social media
· Collaborating with the Partnerships team to create tools for our clients (like these)
· Using the Adobe Creative Suite to create beautiful collateral and reports
· Devising new ways to reach and influence our audience
Reporting to YouthTruth’s Deputy Director and receiving support and mentorship from CEP’s Senior Graphic Designer, you would work collaboratively with the YouthTruth Partnerships team as well as staff in other departments at YouthTruth and the Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP), YouthTruth’s parent nonprofit.
Other required qualifications:
· A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree.
· Proficiency using InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, WordPress, Google Analytics (or related), and email marketing software such as Pardot, HubSpot, or ExactTarget. Salesforce experience a plus.
· Comfort with ambiguity and ability to remain flexible in response to business needs of a rapidly growing team.
· A work ethic consistent with the CEP/YouthTruth organizational culture: thoughtful; commitment to client confidentiality; demonstrates the highest level of personal integrity as well as a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across the nonprofit, public, and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits through our parent organization, The Center for Effective Philanthropy, including:
· The annual base salary for this position is $100,000. In addition, this role is eligible for a competitive Performance Based Incentive Compensation.
· Performance based incentive compensation plan.
· Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans with generous sick time allocation.
· Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation which increases to three weeks after the first two years, and two personal days per year.
· 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation.
· Generous annual personal professional development allowance.
· Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans.
· Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.
We have offices in San Francisco, California – where the entire YouthTruth team resides (and enjoys sweeping views of San Francisco bay and the Bay Bridge) – as well as Cambridge, Massachusetts. This role will be based in our San Francisco office. Currently our teams are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is deemed safe to come back to the office.
How To Apply
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and flawless cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have a digital portfolio or examples of past marketing or design work, we’d love to see it!
If have any questions, please contact Alyse d’Amico, Director of People and Culture and Special Assistant to the President or Leaha Wynn, Manager, People and Culture; Diversity and Inclusion Strategist at jobs [at] cep [dot] org.