ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Treehouse is uniquely positioned at the intersection of the child welfare and education systems in Washington State. We advance educational equity for youth who have experienced foster care through direct service and systems change. We partner with youth and young adults to determine their own path, build resilience, and develop self-advocacy skills. We remove barriers that stand in their way.
Treehouse is considered one of Washington’s nonprofit darlings and is currently in a mode of growth and expansion. With a staff of 180 employees, a leadership model centered on the care of our people, and a robust Board of Directors, Treehouse is well positioned to grow far beyond its annual revenue of $27 million.
Treehouse operates as a 501 (c) (3) organization and is headquartered in the 2100 24th Avenue South building in Seattle, Washington.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The CFO will serve as a collaborative partner with Treehouse’s Executive Team, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors to create and implement organizational strategy that supports achievement of our goals. The CFO will also:
- Work effectively as part of the Executive Team, modeling collaboration and contributing to strategies for staff management, communication, and acknowledgment
- Provide financial forecasts and analysis to inform organization strategy and sound business decisions that will support our continued growth while helping us avoid mission creep
- Prepare and present financial, investment, and other critical reports to the board and serve as a key executive liaison for finance, investment, information technology and the related committees
- Mentor and develop individuals and teams, manage work allocation, provide performance feedback and professional development, and support positive team dynamics
Systems and Controls:
The CFO will partner with both the Senior Director of Finance and Senior Director of Information Technology to develop and maintain systems of internal controls, including evaluating and implementing financial policies, procedures and standards designed to preserve organizational assets. The CFO will:
- Ensure the organization effectively uses technology to achieve intended impact and support innovation
- Provide leadership in evaluating current systems for efficiency, identifying next steps, and guiding implementation and rollout
- Create and execute risk management strategies for ensuring information and data security, compliance with all necessary standards, and business continuity
- Hold responsibility for regulatory compliance, insurance, legal and risk management for the organization
- Provide consultation and review for all legal documents and contracts
Strategic Partnership & Reporting:
The CFO will lead efforts to ensure our financial health in close partnership with our Executive Team, Leadership Team, and Board of Directors. The CFO will:
- Develop and execute Treehouse’s annual budget in close collaboration with the Executive and Leadership Teams
- Work closely with the organization’s fund development team to ensure accurate revenue projections and produce financial models
- Ensure timely and quality financial information to inform strategic and operational decision making including supporting the organization’s programs and fund development teams
- Ensure the effective operation of the organization’s financial planning, cash management, banking, and investments
- Partner with the Executive Team and Board on the near and long-term strategy for the 2100 Building LLC
How To Apply:
Treehouse values diversity and it is expressed in all aspects of our work, from the individuals and communities we serve to our organizational culture, employees, and volunteers. We understand that historical structural inequities have influenced each one of us, and we use this knowledge to deliberately cultivate the success of all people and treat everyone with dignity, humanity, and respect.
Treehouse believes that our capacity to effect sustainable change is strengthened when diverse individuals, beliefs and perspectives are included. We model an institutional commitment to equity by investing resources at all levels and working toward measurable indicators of change.
To be considered, please submit your resume and cover letter expressing your passion for the mission and fit for the role. The role will remain open until filled and candidates are encouraged to submit materials before May 31, 2023 to http://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27700862&refresh=true.