Corporate and Employee Giving (CEG) supports Genentech’s reputation, engages employees and benefits our communities through grants and programs. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of all patients, and create a future of science that is more diverse, inclusive, and equitable. Our solutions build more vibrant communities and unlock Genentech’s ability to fully deliver on our purpose.
Giving Operations is accountable for developing customer-centric solutions that bridge operational excellence and giving strategy. The team’s areas of focus includes:
- Giving Management
- Reporting, Analytics, and Systems
- Budget Management
- Customer Service, Training, and Compliance
- Provide exceptional customer service support to external grant applicants by resolving phone and email inquiries. Inquiries include but are not limited to grant status updates, system training requests, system issues, payment process questions, and other process questions
- Respond to internal employee inquiries and/or triage questions related to employee engagement / volunteer programs, charitable giving, etc.
- Review grant applications for compliance based on internal SOPs and policies. Conduct compliant, thorough and appropriate assessments in a timely manner
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Continually evaluate, prioritize, and enhance existing processes and systems to drive improvements, efficiencies, and compliance risk mitigation
- Participate in department wide initiatives, programs, and workstreams
- Contribute to a team culture of innovation, enterprise-level thinking, collaboration, and impact.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- At least 3 years relevant experience. Experience in corporate philanthropy, private foundation program management, or grantmaking preferred.
- Extensive customer service/focus experience
- High-level proficiency in MS Office and Google applications (gCal, gDoc, etc)
- Experience with Salesforce or grants management platforms preferred
- Business travel for internal and external meetings as required
Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communications
- Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must be able to multitask with strong attention to detail and be adaptable to change with minimal oversight
- Excellent problem solving and planning skills, with a focus on quality and accuracy
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org