The Brandywine Health Foundation is a public charity located in Chester County, PA.
Its mission is to advance a more equitable, resilient, and healthy Greater Coatesville community. Founded in 2001, the Foundation has established a strong community presence through its various roles as a convener, grantmaker, fundraiser, and program administrator. This is an exciting time to join the
Foundation as we seek a new team member to create and implement the foundation’s short-term and long-range strategic goals and change management activities.
The Senior Program Officer’s (SPO) primary role in partnership with the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to align the Foundation’s mission with its business operations through the development and administration of innovative strategies and or initiatives, that meet community
need and demonstrate effective responsive philanthropy in the Greater Coatesville area. The SPO will oversee a portfolio that impacts the Foundation’s future direction in
2) brand identity, and
3) mission aligned special projects.
The SPO will maintain strong connections to programs and development efforts to introduce new partnerships and integrate the Foundation’s strategies across team members and priorities. The SPO will also serve as the primary staff liaison to the Foundation’s Public Relations and Communication, Social Media consultants and engage the Board of Directors frequently under the direction of the CEO.
• Oversee the evaluation activities to ensure effective assessment and reporting of organizational impact and implementation.
• Ensure alignment of BHF’s strategic priorities with emerging community needs, philanthropic trends, and best practices.
• Administer the Foundation’s grantmaking and supervise the Strategy Officer.
• Support the Foundation’s Board of Directors and assigned committee(s.)
• Assist with building partnerships and joint initiatives in the Greater Philadelphia region.
• Oversee special pilot projects and work with the CEO to assess and develop mission aligned business initiatives.
• Support fund development efforts through the promotion and execution of fundraising efforts, and proposal writing.
• Play an active role in strengthening and maintaining the Foundation’s overall guiding principles with emphasis on and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• A minimum of eight years leadership experience in a nonprofit, for-profit, government, or philanthropy, working on growth, business development, strategy, planning or related issues.
• Experience contributing to the strategic direction of an organization as well as demonstrated record of successful independent management of projects and tactical implementation of work plans.
• Demonstrated strong analytical abilities to determine the Foundation’s current and future needs, industry trends, and how the Brandywine Health Foundation can differentiate itself.
• Demonstrated success in effectively leading staff to develop and implement systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a growing organization.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies. Strong community awareness.
• Sense of humor.
• Ability to successfully navigate in a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, and entrepreneurial environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
• Master’s degree required Business/Public Administration, or a related field is strongly desired.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.