The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 60 countries, all 50 United States, and your neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity; therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Want to help save the planet? We are in the midst of the largest conservation campaign ever launched. The Our World Campaign is a $7 billion global campaign of unprecedented scale to support a new vision for the planet: where people and nature thrive together. The position will be an integral part of the Our World Campaign and the Donor Engagement Team. The Donor Engagement Team supports the Our World Campaign and engaging donors across the Conservancy with our mission. Join our team to build a meaningful donor engagement program and help raise even more gifts critical to our conservation mission. This opportunity is ideal for a highly motivated, capable individual interested in joining the world’s leading conservation organization.
We are seeking a creative and passionate professional to serve as Program Specialist. To be successful and happy in this position, the candidate should have confidence in managing projects, be flexible, work well with a variety of personalities, and available to travel when needed. We value collaborative approaches, diverse perspectives, and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
· Administrative experience with travel arrangements, meeting logistics, scheduling, reporting, expenses, and tracking.
· Experience managing multiple projects.
· Ability to work in partnership with others.
· Implement processes and practices to improve team efficiency and effectiveness based on in-depth understanding of policies and procedures.
· Multi-lingual skills and cross-cultural experiences.
· Inclusive communication style, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with and write creatively for various audiences.
· Experience developing and managing multiple projects, setting deadlines, and ensuring accountability.
· Knowledge of current trends in philanthropy.
· Assist with management of team needs and Highly Effective Teams deliverables.
Since its founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 119 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide. With the support of more than one million members, the Conservancy addresses the most pressing threats to our natural world. Through important and strategic partnerships, we are expanding the impact of our work, finding creative ways to fund that bigger vision, and build long-term relationships with communities, government agencies, and commercial businesses in order to conserve natural resources at a new scale.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.
How To Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world and believe in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, then please visit http://www.nature.org/careers to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 700048 by 11:59 pm ET on January 5, 2018. This position is flexible on location.