The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private philanthropic foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American cities. With a $4.2 billion endowment and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
About the position
This position provides administrative support and project-based assistance to the President and the Director of the Executive Office. This position is responsible for effective handling of the President’s schedule, as well as coordinating and executing administrative functions for the President and the Executive Office, including travel, expense reporting, and budget monitoring, and proficiently handling documents and tasks for optimal organization. This position is also responsible for administrative support to Trustees as it relates to the Foundation’s work, and interacts regularly with representatives of the local community, national partners, and public, private, and nonprofit leaders. This position reports to the Director of the Executive Office.
Scheduling and Calendar Management
· Organizes and maintains a complex, multi-calendar schedule of meetings, speaking engagements and events across various time zones.
· Performs and manages scheduling for internal and external meetings and convenings: coordinates calendars, assembles meeting materials, makes meal arrangements, and confirms appointments for the department.
· Serves as first point of contact and coordinates with internal/external colleagues for annual calendars, meetings, projects, etc.
· Schedules and supports board and board committee meetings.
Travel and Logistics
· Arranges domestic and international business travel, including airfare bookings, lodging accommodations, transportation services, translation services and creates detailed itineraries for Executive Office staff, while effectively addressing contingencies and last-minute changes.
Board of Trustees Activities
· Serves as administrative contact for Trustees, arranging travel, including airfare bookings, lodging accommodations, transportation services and itineraries for foundation events.
· Assists with annual Trustee Conflict of Interest process.
· Works with trustee assistants for scheduling and expense reporting.
· Schedules and supports all board and committee meetings.
· Produces quarterly board book and is the co-administrator for Board Effect portal.
· Assists with program department budget tracking.
· Prepares expense reports, completes internal forms for consulting contracts, invoices, and resolves discrepancies with finance.
· Is responsive to emails/texts/calls in a timely fashion.
· Prepares correspondence, proofreads memos, creates charts, excel spreadsheets, and manages contacts and distribution lists.
· Completes special research projects and prepares written reports as assigned.
· Prepares mailings and shipment of materials, opens and distributes department mail.
· Provides coordination for special events and meetings that involve the entire Foundation staff.
· Screens incoming calls, takes and delivers messages, responds to requests, refers calls to the appropriate staff, and follows up as necessary.
· Interacts regularly with local and national business, government, and non-profit leaders
· Represents the foundation externally (orally and in writing) in a highly professional and customer service focused manner.
· Completes filing, document management and special projects as requested.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Displays a strong commitment to the foundation’s mission and values. and demonstrates that commitment in daily interactions.
· Bachelor’s degree including course work in business communications, office management, or related areas or commensurate work experience.
· Five years of professional administrative office experience. Experience supporting C-Level executives is preferred.
· Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and superior attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact as a team member and with Foundation colleagues.
· Proven experience with advanced features of Microsoft Office suite of products and other software essential to accomplishing the work of this position.
· Proven experience and skill with calendar management and travel arrangements.
· Demonstrated ability to proofread and meticulously review documents for accuracy, noting errors such as punctuation, spelling, and word usage.
· Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, practice discretion, and work effectively with sensitive information.
· Demonstrated commitment to learning, and willingness to give and receive feedback.
· Ability to be proactive and self-directed, must be solutions-oriented and possess sound judgment.
· Demonstrated commitment to producing high quality work while displaying a consistently collaborative and cooperative work style.
· Demonstrated highly professional, customer service focused interaction (orally and in writing); excellent communicator able to interact with people at all levels in a confident, polished manner
· Demonstrated comfort in a high performing, fast-paced work environment, and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrated comfort with change and changing priorities.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks in a heavy workload.
· Proven ability to be self-directed and make sound judgment calls when needed.
· A strong commitment to the foundation’s mission and values.
The Kresge Foundation COVID -19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be “up to date” on the COVID-19 vaccination. The Foundation defines “up to date” as having received two primary doses of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna vaccine or one primary dose of the J&J vaccine and any booster dose(s) when eligible. Proof of vaccination must be provided on the first day of employment. If you believe you need a disability or religious accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding the vaccination policy, you are responsible for requesting an accommodation on your first day of employment by notifying Human Resources. Employment will be contingent upon the outcome of the accommodation review process.
The application deadline for this position is Midnight EST on December 4, 2022.
This position currently has a hybrid schedule with remote work from home up to 3 days per week.
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
How To Apply