NCFP staff is mission driven, sets ambitious goals, and shares a culture of trust, respect and honesty.
NCFP is open to diverse views and new ideas, and values open communication. Together we meet high standards of excellence in our work.
NCFP is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of NCFP to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Administrative Coordinator performs a wide variety of duties in support of the President, Board, and other stakeholders of NCFP. Responsibilities require strong organizational skills, attention to detail, advanced administrative skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills. The Administrative Coordinator must interact effectively with staff, the Board of Directors, and external NCFP stakeholders while exercising high levels of judgment, diplomacy, and responsiveness.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administration: Manages the administrative functions of the Executive Office: maintains the President’s calendar; manages mail and paper flow; drafts correspondence; prepares and maintains expense reports, invoices, and timesheets; maintains records, files, and other office systems. Receives, researches, and makes recommendations on requests for the President’s time.
- Governance: Serves as a liaison to the Board of Directors and coordinates the President’s interactions with Board members. Schedules board meetings and committee meetings; works with the Vice President to ensure effective and timely preparation for all Board and committee meetings. Formats Board materials; maintains Board files and the Board page on the NCFP website; records minutes at Board meetings and committee meetings; maintains a record of Board service and Board contributions to NCFP.
- Consultancies: Monitors and fields NCFP consultancy inquiries. Conducts research and prepares presentations, meeting materials, and travel itineraries. Schedules planning calls and prepares letters of agreement. Coordinates travel, lodging, and other meeting arrangements to ensure the President’s needs are met. Ensures appropriate follow-up and maintains testimonials.
- Fundraising: Supports the President’s fundraising activities: Arranges calls and visits with funders; works with the advancement team to identify opportunities and recommends fundraising meetings in conjunction with other travel; maintains records of the President’s contacts and facilitates follow-up. Schedules meetings to inform NCFP staff on the President’s fundraising activities and assists with proposal development, record keeping, and follow-up correspondence as appropriate.
- Special Projects: Supports the President’s work on special activities and projects; conducts background research for writing, speaking, and consulting projects; maintains project records, monitors timelines, and facilitates communication with staff and consultants on the President’s special projects. Coordinates outreach to and meetings with standing and ad hoc committees that support NCFP programs and projects.
How To Apply
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.