Exponent Philanthropy is a member-led community of lean funders. Where foundation leaders and individual funders learn and inspire one another to make an exponential impact. When lean funders are uncertain about what’s right or best, looking for new ideas, or feeling alone in making decisions, here is where they connect with answers, experts, and peers to create a community of fulfilled, and, ultimately, more effective philanthropists. Our mission is to amplify and increase the impact of lean funders by building an inclusive community where they can learn, connect, and collaborate.
This position is responsible for managing and executing Exponent Philanthropy’s competitive grants strategy, and supporting the director in building and implementing our corporate partnership program. A successful Grants and Corporate Operations Manager will be relationship centered, collaborative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, efficient, and solutions-minded.
- Assist CEO and key staff with lead generation, cultivation, relationship management and stewardship of large grants
- Coordinate and assist grant writers and editorial staff on writing and submission of LOIs and competitive grant proposals
- Manage day-to-day communications with funding organizations to ensure timely communication and due diligence
- Coordinate with relevant departments and staff post-grant award to manage timely fulfillment of deliverables, communications, and grant reports
- Ensure grant-related data is entered into database and updated as needed Corporate Partnerships
- Assist department director with implementing corporate partnerships program, including stewardship, renewal, and communications plans
- Develop familiarity with corporate partners, their respective industries and services provided
- Conduct prospect research to maintain a viable list of potential corporate partners and sponsors and advise director on prospects to cultivate
- Draft corporate partnership agreements and coordinate with relevant departments to ensure benefits are implemented
- Manage relationships post-commitment to ensure partner familiarity with benefits and available engagement opportunities
- Oversee corporate partner webpages, working with digital team on design, corporate partner visibility, and strategy to drive traffic to the site
- Brainstorm with relevant staff on program innovations, including new benefits and opportunities for corporate partner engagement, and streamlining and automation of internal processes Annual Conference
- Organize all development-related tasks for the Annual Conference and ensure alignment with overall conference timeline
- Assist department director with developing sponsorship opportunities and crafting language for conference prospectus
- Manage exhibit hall and serve as primary point of contact for show floor decorator to develop and confirm exhibit hall floor plan
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure speaker/sponsorship/exhibit information is captured and uploaded to the conference website in a timely manner, and partner benefits are implemented General Operations
- General department operations including coordinating internal and external meetings and calls, report production, and payment processing
- Occasional travel to partner/prospect offices and to support Annual Conference
Exponent Philanthropy seeks to not only acquire top talent, but continuously develop and retain top talent. The ideal incumbent will possess proven experience, be committed to continuous learning, and motivated to take on challenges.
The qualifications below have been identified to improve the likelihood of employee success, engagement, and satisfaction.
Bachelor’s degree required; and 3-5 years of experience in fundraising operations/grants management/corporate fundraising Additional criteria include: Strong computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Salesforce required; Asana a plus. Must be detail-oriented with excellent writing, communication, and project management skills. Must have the ability to multi-task and to manage time wisely. Must be a team player and demonstrate the ability to work in a collaborative environment and maintain a high level of quality control. Effective customer service skills including the ability to interact positively with staff at all levels is must.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60K – $75K, commensurate with experience. In addition, Exponent Philanthropy offers a competitive suite of benefits, including fully covered health insurance for the first year, and a subsequent benefits package equal to 21% of salary to cover your choice of health, dental, vision, disability, and/or life insurance, and 401(k) retirement contributions. Our total benefits offering is designed to support employee wellness while also providing the flexibility to customize your package.
How To Apply For Position:
Interested parties should email cover letter, resume and salary expectations to email@example.com and include “Grants and Corporate Operations Manager” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Although we value initiative, we cannot field phone calls regarding the position.