Founded as CFED in 1979, Prosperity Now has spent the last 40 years supporting communities on the ground and creating a movement to provide opportunities for households, individuals, and families to prosper.
In 2020, Prosperity Now reaffirmed and evolved its vision, role, and strategy to better support those most adversely affected by a broken economic system—in particular those in Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) communities where individuals and families have been precluded from building wealth over centuries of discrimination. We seek to build a fair and just economy free from structural inequity and racism—an economy where everyone can fully participate across their life cycles, families can build sustainable wealth across generations and communities can prosper without exception.
To advance our fundraising priorities that promote systems-oriented solutions and racial economic justice, the newly created position of Corporate Relations Officer will lead the generation and cultivation of unique corporate partnerships for significant social impact from the grassroots to national level as a frontline fundraiser, relationship manager and overall strategist. The Corporate Relations Officer will implement an integrated strategic partnership program; manage a portfolio of current and prospective corporate investors and partners; and support a comprehensive strategy to grow the organization’s network, presence, and influence, with an emphasis on engaging key influencers in the business community. This role reports to the Director, Institutional Investment.
About Prosperity Now’s Development Team
Prosperity Now’s Development Team is a high-performing team of professionals who work under the leadership of Prosperity Now’s Vice President of Philanthropy to secure the resources necessary to advance Prosperity Now’s mission. The Development team and the Communications Team report into the Chief Engagement Officer and collectively serve as Prosperity Now’s external affairs team, strategically engaging stakeholders across a single, integrated continuum. The Development Team raises funds from multiple sources, including institutional funders, corporate funders, the public sector, and individuals.
- In coordination with the Director, Institutional Investment, set and achieve Prosperity Now’s annual corporate revenue goals and coordinate moves management
- As lead relationship manager, coordinate high-level stewardship, solicitation and prospecting of corporate donors to meet annual fundraising targets
- In partnership with the Development Team leadership, secure and build strategic partnerships with the business community to accelerate awareness and interest in Prosperity Now as an agent of change
- Manage a portfolio of companies and organizations capable of gifts of $10,000 and over, including existing and prospective donors, securing renewals, and increasing their support over time
- Implement comprehensive and integrated corporate engagements for support and meaningful opportunities for corporations and organizations to support Prosperity Now, as well as specific events or programmatic initiatives
- Support efforts to solicit sponsorships for the biannual Summit and other events, recruit and engage corporate chairs and host committees as appropriate
- Manage partnerships between senior leadership and the board to engage influencers, corporations and business leaders, donors and prospects—ensuring that participants are adequately informed and prepared for donor meetings and key events
- Coordinate with Development, Communications and Program staff to seamlessly integrate offline and online messages and fundraising collateral and donor engagement experiences related to corporate and other key influencers
- Lead corporate research and the effective use of contact management systems and processes to oversee corporate and other organizations donor acknowledgements and track pertinent donor and prospect information in Salesforce—including related data entry and analytic reporting and coordinating with the Development Team, Network Building Team, and across the organization as appropriate
- Assist with the planning of fundraising and cultivation events geared towards overall fundraising efforts in partnership with Development, Communications staff
- Support with the production of investor and prospective investor facing products including appeals, annual reports, marketing materials, website and other digital content
- Represent Prosperity Now at events and convenings featuring priority donors, partners, and influencers
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational background in related area of study with at least eight years of relevant experience, including at least five years of experience fundraising at mission-driven nonprofit organizations or in a comparable business development or advocacy environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Excellent relationship-building skills with diverse stakeholders, including funders, organizational leaders and team members at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding written communication skills with experience creating compelling proposals to secure funding
- Experience managing a corporate council to support general revenue and business engagement goals
- Strong verbal communication skills to share complex information clearly and efficiently
- Previous experience with donor databases and/or CRMs, particularly Salesforce
- Previous program design, implementation, and/or evaluation experience preferred
- Travel may be required up to 50% of the time
Salary Range: $94-108K annually
Prosperity Now is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity of background and perspective are strengths, and seek to continue to grow a diverse, highly committed, skilled, and collaborative staff. We encourage candidates from various backgrounds to apply.
How To Apply