Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and social and economic justice for all people. With offices in Washington, D.C. and New York City, Wellspring’s work is rooted in respect for the dignity and worth of every human being and is informed by the following beliefs:
· Social institutions and structures should promote the full realization of human rights and human potential and should be accountable to these ends.
· The rights of all people are advanced when the rights of the most marginalized and vulnerable peoples are protected.
· Social justice movements should employ means that are consistent with their ideals and should give agency to the people whose interests they seek to advance.
· As responsible stewards, we must strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments.
For more information on Wellspring Philanthropic Fund, please visit www.wpfund.org.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks a Program Associate to join its Global Children’s Rights Program. Through grantmaking and philanthropic leadership, the Global Children’s Rights Program catalyzes action to realize rights and advance social justice for all children, with specific emphasis on girls and gender justice. We aim to encompass an intersectional feminist approach, supporting systemic change to address the root causes of gender inequality and to contribute to dismantling racist, neocolonial, and other oppressive systems and approaches. GCR focuses on two complementary approaches: (1) shifting public systems and influential large-scale actors to make them more responsive to the needs of children and girls; and (2) enhancing power and movement building work which resources local girls’, children’s, and communities’ organizing and actions to influence change. GCR makes grants under four themes: 1) Advance Girls’ Education and Skills, 2) Prevent Violence Against Children and Girls, 3) Shift Social and Gender Norms, and 4) Foster Enabling Conditions for Realizing Children’s and Girls’ Rights.
The Program Associate reports to the Program Director and works with the Program Director, two Program Officers, a part-time Administrative Assistant, a Grants Officer, and other Wellspring staff. Day-to-day, the Program Associate contributes to the following key priorities:
· Grants Process Coordination,
· Administration and Communications, and
· Program (grantmaking, monitoring, evaluation, and learning).
Grants Process Coordination
· Coordinate the team’s grantmaking process, including setting and monitoring timelines, entering information into the grants database, inputting grant codes, and conducting due diligence. Track grant reports. Address grant issues as they arise including post award grant requests and modifications.
· Serve as the primary liaison for GCR with Wellspring’s Grants Management Team.
· Track the program budget using the grants database and spreadsheets with the Program Director.
· Develop and demonstrate deep knowledge of the Wellspring Grants Manual. Serve as a team resource on policies and procedures.
Administration and Communications
· In collaboration with the Administrative Assistant, provide administrative and logistical support as needed, including, but not limited to, scheduling and coordinating meetings, planning travel, managing team task lists and contact lists, coordinating batch outreach, and document storage.
· Support the preparation and management of team agendas, meetings, and retreats with the Program Director.
· Recommend and implement improvements to team systems and project management practices.
· Coordinate and draft team inputs to internal requests for information such as newsletters and annual reports.
· Contribute to research, preparation, and facilitation of donor and staff presentations.
· Convey information and data effectively through written and visual materials such as graphics, charts, memos, and slides.
· Assist Program Officers and Program Director with drafting and editing grant recommendations and other writing as needed.
· Conduct research related to field developments, potential grantees, and other topics requested by the program team. Write short memos and issue briefs.
· Participate in grant meetings, take notes, ensure follow up, and save relevant materials. Review grantee progress reports and assist Program Officers with tracking grantee outcomes. Conduct site visits internationally with team (when safe), including travel to remote areas.
· As requested, represent Wellspring at external meetings and conferences with partners, funders, and field leaders.
· Contribute to strategic plans, annual work plans, and the program team’s learning agenda.
· Participate in internal Wellspring advisory groups, task forces, and processes.
· Commitment to and familiarity with the program’s goals.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
· Three to six years of experience in a professional office environment working as a member of a team executing tasks relevant to the job description.
· Proficiency with tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Zoom. Experience with or ability to quickly learn tools such as Box, Miro, Prezi, Teams, and Asana.
· Experience with administrative support and logistics, including writing correspondence, tracking multi-component processes, document storage, organizing travel, and database management.
· Demonstrated track record of attention to details.
· Prior project management experience, including proven ability to track and analyze project deliverables, organize multi-component projects, track variances, execute reporting, and meet deadlines.
· Excellent English-language writing, editing, critical thinking, and communications skills.
· Ability to convey information and data effectively through visual and written materials such as graphics, charts, slides, and memos.
· Excellent desk research skills. Ability to summarize complex ideas and synthesize.
· Comfort with quantitative and qualitative data, research, and evidence analysis.
· Ability to manage budgets and analyze financial information.
· Ability to manage own workstreams, work independently and collaboratively, to take initiative, to be proactive, to be flexible, and to manage one’s own time.
· Ability to move multiple, high-volume workstreams forward and meet deadlines.
· Strong cross-cultural communication skills. Demonstrates humility and the ability and eagerness to build relationships with partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
· Ability to handle confidential information with integrity and complete discretion.
· Willingness to learn, to be open to and generate new ideas, and to have fun.
· Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle, and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
· Non-English language capabilities; Fluent in Spanish or Swahili.
· Experience working in a grantmaking or nonprofit organization.
· Experience working, studying, or living in a Global South context.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary range of $75,000–$83,000 commensurate with experience.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners, and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long-term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, up to $5,250 in annual student loan repayment or college savings assistance for qualified dependents and is committed to providing transgender- inclusive healthcare.
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE
Wellspring’s Offices have returned to in-person work using a hybrid model. Staff are expected to be fully vaccinated and to work from the office Tuesday – Thursday and have the option to work remotely Monday and Friday. To ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
How To Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: “GCR Program Associate-[Your name].” All applications must include:
• a resumé;
• a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity
(i.e. job portal, referral, etc.) and salary minimum requirements; and
• one writing sample (no less than 3 and no more than 5 pages, attached in PDF
No phone calls please.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire to be considered for these positions.