A resolutely non-partisan organization, the Partnership for Public Service is devoted not to big government nor to small government but to government—to recruiting talented civil servants and creating workplaces that let them do their best for our country. The Partnership’s own high-quality workplace has won public recognition: it was designated one of the best places to work in DC in 2015 by The Washington Post and has been named for three years running to The Non-Profit Times’ Best Nonprofits to Work For. And the Partnership is not just an excellent workplace but an inclusive one—a place that fosters learning, collaboration, and respect. The organization actively recruits for diversity, believing that a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences play a key role in the mission of revitalizing government.
Today, the Partnership is seeking a Senior Manager, Individual & Major Gifts who can join its diverse workplace and contribute passionately to the organization’s mission. The Senior Manager will create and execute fundraising strategies to attract new donors and to increase support from the Partnership’s existing base of individual supporters. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Senior Manager is responsible for all stages of prospect and donor relationships, including research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. S/he uses creative techniques to identify potential new sources of support, establishes new methods for engaging and upgrading donors, serves as the primary point of contact for a defined portfolio, and orchestrates senior leadership and Board members to support major gift fundraising efforts. The Senior Manager plays a key role in building, sustaining, and increasing major donors’ support. The ideal Senior Manager will have:
- At least 8 years of progressively responsible resource development and non-profit management experience, with specific experience in a major gifts fundraising role.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new donor segments, broaden a donor base, and ultimately increase annual revenue.
- Knowledge of and comfort with a variety of prospect identification tools and methods, including relevant public databases.
- Record of successfully identifying and securing 5- and 6-figure gifts from individuals and family foundations.
- Experience executing effective donor cultivation and stewardship events.
- Background in volunteer management, including building trusting partnerships with Board members and with external stakeholders in an organization.
- Familiarity with and commitment to using donor relationship management systems; knowledge of SalesForce is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in either Public Administration or Nonprofit Management is preferred.
DR is leading this search for the Partnership. For more information about the position, please see http://www.driconsulting.com or email inquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure that emails state where you learned of the opening.