A wish experience can be a game-changer for a child with a critical illness.
This one belief guides everything Make-A-Wish does. It inspires them to grant wishes that change the lives of the kids and families they serve. It compels them to be creative in exceeding the expectations of every wish kid. It drives them to make their donated resources go as far as possible.
Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic chapter was started in 1983 by six friends in Montgomery County, MD, who organized and granted their first three wishes that same year. Since then, the Mid-Atlantic chapter has raised millions of dollars and has been able to grant more than 10,000 wishes to children in Maryland, Northern Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic seeks a Chief Revenue Officer to lead the fundraising, marketing and communications team. In partnership with the President and CEO, CFO/COO, and Board of Directors, the Chief Revenue Officer will design and implement an integrated development, events, marketing, and communications strategy to increase revenue to advance the mission of the Mid-Atlantic chapter, drawing from hundreds of inspirational annual wish stories. The successful CRO will be a high-energy leader capable of thinking quickly and intuitively, and will be experienced enough to recognize and utilize the full skill set of the fundraising, marketing, and communications team of 10.
Specific requirements include:
• At least 10 years of experience in development and managing others with a background in marketing, public relations, and non-profit fundraising.
• Experience in individual major gift fundraising and sponsorships, cultivating, soliciting, and closing major and principal gifts.
• Experience in negotiating partnerships, strategic alliances, and collaborations with first-time partners.
• Knowledge of media and communication dissemination techniques, best practices, and methods, to include written, oral, and visual media.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of professional demeanor, communicating and working successfully with a wide variety of constituents.
• Bachelor’s degree in non-profit administration, communications, marketing, or equivalent experience.
How To Apply
Development Resources, inc. is leading this search for Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic. All of DRi’s searches can be viewed at http://driconsulting.com/available-positions/. Applications can also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.