Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO) exists to help grantmakers turn their desire to improve into real progress. The GEO community bridges the gap between grantmaking as usual and transformational change. Our community includes more than 6,600 grantmakers working together to turn a hunger for more effective philanthropy into clear pathways for achieving it. We’re cutting through the noise to lift up the practices that matter most to nonprofits. GEO cultivates a community for grantmakers to work with their peers while they are navigating the same journey towards improvement. To learn more about how GEO is making faster progress possible, visit www.geofunders.org.
Under the direction of Membership and Development Director and as part of GEO’s revenue team, the Membership and Development Specialist is responsible for supporting the health of GEO’s vibrant and growing membership base as a strategic priority of the organization with a significant focus on fundraising and supporting administrative development activities. The Membership and Development Specialist is responsible for reinforcing and overseeing the process of member renewals, including tailored communications at various stages of the member relationship, and ensuring data integrity of over 500 organizational members.
The Membership and Development Specialist will support new members and funders through conferences, in-person meetings and email or phone, ensuring an excellent member experience.
Member Renewals and Retention
· Collaborate with the Director of Membership and Development to implement recruitment and engagement strategies
· Contribute to GEO’s membership revenue projections and retention targets
· Reconcile payments and membership payments with monthly financial statements from GEO’s accountant
· Manage renewals and maintain a strong renewal rate
· Ensure data integrity required to enable effective membership operations
· Help keep our membership materials and marketing fresh and up-to-date
Member and Funder Relations Management and Engagement
· Help implement a program of member events and engagement activities
· Support the Membership Manager and the Development Manager to build a sense of community to advance GEO’s mission of transforming philanthropic practice, deepening relationships in the field, and promoting peer learning
· In coordination with the communications department and the office of the President, ensure members and funders are well informed of the latest updates and events, using a tailored and personalized approach
· Support the communication of the value of GEO to prospective members and for retention purposes
· Maintain and build relationships with members and new members
· Help create and maintain a pipeline to generate new members
· Help implement a first year on-boarding experience for all new members, and coordinate member orientations with funders
Fundraising and Development
· Support the identification and cultivation of new funders through prospect research and outreach
· Maintain cross-department communication within GEO to identify new funder prospects and support staff on other teams to contribute to fundraising efforts
· Coordinate funder meetings including scheduling and providing GEO team members with funder research
· Assist in gathering materials for grant proposals and reports
· Support the development of Salesforce reports and dashboards to track key membership and fundraising data, including revenue generation, member renewal, recruitment, and engagement
· Monitoring data processes and the data quality and integrity as it relates to fundraising efforts
· Represent GEO at external events and in prospect meetings to align with revenue goals
· Attend other philanthropy events to learn about other organizations and build GEO’s prospect pipeline.
Culture Transformation/Racial Equity
- Help GEO make progress on our strategy, advance our change agenda and serve the field in the areas of culture, racial equity and organizational structure and talent
· Engage and contribute to full and small group conversations around centering racial equity in GEO’s internal culture and external programming
· Attend to results, relationships and process in all facets of work
Total Travel Time: 10 – 15%
· A minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible, relevant work experience in membership or fundraising, or a combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties for this position.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to clearly document processes and systems
· Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and ability to follow-up for an efficient workflow and successful member engagement
· Ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and independently manage and meet deadlines
· Commitment to being proactive and producing good-quality work, particularly in producing materials for funder and member engagement
· Ability to work in collaboration with others that possess a diversity of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience
· Ability to learn on the job and to identify opportunities for innovation
· Available and willing to travel as needed
· Self-starter with confidence, enthusiasm, and strong customer service orientation
· Proficiency in Salesforce / CRM, and Adobe Creative Suite
· Ability to interact comfortably and professionally with members and funders and potential members and funders virtually and in-person
· Experience working in associations, member engagement, or philanthropy
· Organizational skills related to meetings and logistics
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter are required to be considered for this position. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· Tell us about your experience managing multiple communication channels.
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?
We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Note: Our team is currently full-time remote in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. For the time being, we will be conducting the hiring process virtually.