Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistle blowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonprofit nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an over $6 million annual budget that supports a staff of over 40 employees.
POGO’s Development Team is looking for a talented Grants Management Associate to assist with managing all aspects of POGO’s grant related fundraising activities involving private foundations. POGO does not accept donations or other revenue from for-profit corporate foundations or the government. The Grants Management Associate reports directly to the Director of Development.
· Assist the Director of Development with foundation management—including the drafting of acknowledgements, reports, letters, and emails—and with tracking grant requirements, grant deadlines, and communications between POGO staff and funders.
· Manage a portfolio of foundations, maintaining and further developing POGO’s relationship with them and assisting with revenue and cash flow forecasting.
· Identify, research, and evaluate new funding opportunities that align with POGO’s mission and programs.
· Maintain foundation and grant data within a Salesforce database, ensuring that the data is current and accurate.
· Assist with the planning and execution of meetings with foundation representatives—including the preparation of senior staff for foundation meetings and phone calls.
· Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission.
· Minimum of 1 year of fundraising experience including successfully developing and managing relationships with external donors—or demonstrated equivalent experience.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work on internal teams, across external organizations, and independently when necessary.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate technical and complicated information into compelling narratives for prospective and current donors.
· Demonstrated commitment to working in a nonpartisan and respectful manner with diverse stakeholders.
· Demonstrated track record of taking initiative to solve problems and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Knowledge of foundations and grantmaking is preferred, but not required.
· Experience working with Salesforce or other CRM databases is a plus.
Compensation and benefits:
· Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience in the range of $47k-$63k.
· Health, dental, and vision insurance.
· 403(b) investment plan available, with employer retirement contribution once eligible.
· Life insurance and long-term disability coverage.
· Metro SmartTrip benefits.
· Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
How To Apply
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, subject line: Grants Management Associate, or mail application to: Project On Government Oversight, 1100 G Street, NW, #500, Washington, DC 20005. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: July 24th, 2019
POGO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We encourage all interested and qualified individuals to apply.