People For the American Way is a national advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way. The Digital Campaign Associate is an integral part of a dynamic online program including the organization’s various web properties, social media channels, and hundreds of thousands of activists nationwide.
- Support online and online-to-offline campaigns using email, SMS, social media, and other primarily digital tools to increase grassroots participation and visibility.
- Help plan and execute digital advocacy and fundraising campaigns at the federal and state levels around key policy priorities, judicial and other nominations, and electing progressive candidates.
- Write, build, and test email action alerts, online actions like petitions, and donation pages.
- Work collaboratively with coalition partners to pursue shared organizing objectives at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Work with partner organizations and ad platforms to identify and execute joint and sponsored actions and ad campaigns to grow our email list.
- Write content and help develop strategies for online campaigns in email, social media, organizing toolkits, sign-on letters, blog posts, sample letters to the editor, and more.
- Provide reporting on campaign performance and test results; provide analysis and recommendations for continual improvement.
- Provide quality assurance testing for digital team content.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy and political organizations.
Secondary “Supporting Role” Responsibilities:
- Represent the organization at rallies, conferences, legislative hearings, and coalition meetings, and organize local volunteers and activists for phone banks and other events.
- Facilitate engagement with our social media communities, including responding to messages and moderating comments.
- In coordination with digital and communications staff, manage websites and social media properties.
- Strong writing skills and detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and write, code emails/HTML, and create audience queries quickly
- Strong organizational skills — ability to manage priorities, learn quickly, and multi-task in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage dozens of concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines
- A strong commitment to the mission of the organization to advance progressive values and defend the fundamental constitutional rights of all.
Preferred But Not Required:
- College degree or compatible experience
- Experience in digital organizing in an advocacy or campaign environment
- Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems (experience with ActionKit is a bonus), and CMS systems (such as WordPress)
- Understanding of campaign metrics, analytics, and A/B testing
How To Apply
Send resume and a detailed cover by email to email@example.com. No telephone calls please. Your cover letter should include:
- Why do you want to work for People For the American Way?
- What appeals to you in particular about the organization, our work, or the issues on which we focus?
- What makes you a stand-out candidate for this position, based on your experiences or particular skillset?