The Wilderness Society is an organization of spirited people who, since 1935, have led the protection of a vast system of magnificent public lands that belong to everyone. We are also fighting to reduce climate change emissions and advocating for renewable energy solutions on our public lands. We promote equitable access to the outdoors for all. Today, we are vigorously defending national parks, forests, monuments, wildlife refuges and other community lands from the most extensive effort ever to give away these public lands to private industry (primarily oil and gas drilling and mining) and exclude people from participating in decisions about how these lands are managed
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Membership & Strategic Services, the Director of Digital Fundraising is responsible for front-end operations, ensuring engaging content, strategic alignment and brand compliance. This position works alongside internal and external stakeholders to launch innovative digital marketing campaigns as they relate to fundraising and oversees implementation of strategies and tactics associated with online giving, engagement and acquisition.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Director of Digital Fundraising will integrate these priorities throughout our online work. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Develops high-level digital fundraising strategy including messaging, communications calendar, platforms, target audiences, and segmentation strategy.
· Manages day-to-day tactical campaign execution to ensure strong growth of digital revenue.
· Sets the annual online revenue and expense goals, and is responsible for meeting those goals.
· Manages external vendors and consultants against contract deliverables and Statement of Work
· Works with third parties like Care2, Greater Goods, and Facebook to continue growth of the online community through acquisition efforts.
· Works closely with the Digital and Marketing strategy leads to expand the online community, and develop and implement fundraising strategies on the web site and other digital platforms.
· Collaborates with other members of the Philanthropy team, including Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Donor Relations, to coordinate messaging, share metrics, and develop integrated strategies.
· Integrates online messaging/communications with other direct response campaigns and corporate communications to ensure messaging cohesiveness and coordination across the organization.
· Develops and implements new programs to increase efficiency, maximize donor stewardship, and leverage database management.
· Manages internal department budget, tracks all invoices/expenses, provides regular written reports and commentary to management.
· Builds on the success of the current digital programs by utilizing leading-edge data analytics and predictive modeling techniques to grow the donor base and net revenue.
· Generates and monitors performance reports across web, email, social and CRM, to measure strategic outcomes and improve tactical processes in coordination with other established metrics.
· Makes strategic, data-driven decisions to drive channel optimization, including email segmentation, web layout and paid ad targeting in coordination with the Digital Strategy and Marketing team.
· Works closely with the Digital Strategy and Marketing team on the administration and development of website, social channels and donation platform as related to fundraising efforts.
· Oversees new enhancements to systems including workflows, email alerts, automation, lead scoring, auto-generated reports and email templates.
· Coordinates with the Digital Strategy team on web optimization plan for usability and site performance against acquisition, fundraising and engagement goals.
· Acts as Project Manager for any technical enhancements or implementations as related to fundraising management systems, including platform migration and data coordination.
· Manages strategy, testing and implementation for donation form optimization.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Competencies, and Education
· Minimum 8-10 years’ relevant professional experience in digital marketing.
· Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives—across race and gender.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and concisely both in writing and orally.
· Broad knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to digital fundraising, system integration, and organizational efficiency.
· Demonstrated success maintaining an enterprise-wide perspective and utilizing strong analytical skills to maximize ROI.
· Excellent donor, vendor communications/relations skills.
· Knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and development information systems.
· Familiarity with reporting, testing and optimization tools including Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Optimizely and others.
· Exceptional organizational, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills.
· Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and excel in a high-performance culture.
The Wilderness Society offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; sick and vacation leave; a sabbatical program; and a retirement plan. TWS is an equal opportunity employer and actively works to ensure fair treatment of our employees and constituents across culture, socioeconomic status, race, marital or family situation, gender, age, ethnicity, religious beliefs, physical ability, veteran status or sexual orientation.
As an organization, we aspire to being inclusive in the work that we do, and in the kind of organization we are. Internally this means working as a team that listens to different points of view, recognizes the contributions of every employee and empowers each employee to bring their whole selves to work every day. Externally this means ensuring that public lands are inclusive and welcoming, so that our shared wildlands can help people and nature to thrive. We are committed to equity throughout our work, which we define as our commitment to realizing the promise of our public lands and ensuring that all can share in their universal benefits.
To learn more about our commitment, please see http://wilderness.org/our-commitment-diversity-equity-and-inclusion-wilderness-society
How To Apply
For consideration please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application system at: https://www.wilderness.org/careers-internships