Founded in 1981 in partnership with whistleblowers, the Project On Government Oversight (POGO) is a nonpartisan independent watchdog that works to expose waste, corruption, abuse of power, and other instances where the government fails to serve the public. We champion reforms to achieve a more effective, ethical, and accountable federal government that safeguards constitutional principles. POGO has an over $7 million annual budget that supports a staff of over 50 employees.
POGO’s Individual Giving team looking for a talented Mid-Level Giving Officer to maintain a portfolio of POGO’s mid-level donors, manage and grow our monthly sustaining donors, be a part of our direct mail program, and be an integral part of POGO’s fundraising efforts. The Mid-Level Giving Officer reports to the Director of Individual Giving.
We encourage potential applicants to apply even if they only have experience or familiarity in some of the areas described below. We fully recognize that many great candidates will not have experience in all of the areas we list, or may have relevant experiences and skills that we have not listed or considered.
- Assist the Director of Individual Giving with the overall planning, strategy, and management of POGO’s fundraising program aimed at individuals.
- Establishing and maintaining donor relationships with a portfolio of POGO’s Junior Good Government Champions (donors who contribute $500-$999 annually) and a selection of Good Government Hopefuls (donors who contribute $100-$499 annually) with the goal of increasing giving levels of all donors
- Lead POGO’s Good Government Guardians, our sustaining donor program, with overall planning, strategy, and management of these relationships. Develop online and offline campaigns and work with POGO’s digital team to implement campaigns to grow this program. Continue original emails and increase subscription rates just for the monthly donors.
- Work with the Major Gift and Planned Gift Officer to carry out POGO’s direct mail program. Assist in developing theme, letter, and direct mail kit.
- Work together across all teams responsible for POGO’s development efforts to maximize the organization’s fundraising results
- Assist in drafting, producing, and sending correspondence to individual donors.
- Provide reporting on Junior Good Government Champions, Sustaining Donor program and Good Government Hopefuls at team meets
- Support the impact report team in the production process
- Other duties as required to accomplish POGO’s mission
- Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising, particularly with a non-profit, political organization or a campaign or other relevant development experience.
- Working knowledge of the complexities of a fundraising plan and philanthropic trends.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with donors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work on internal teams, across external stakeholders and independently when necessary.
- Strong focus on justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Dealing with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment for sources,
- Sound judgement in handling sensitive and confidential matters.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a nonpartisan, collaborative, respectful manner with diverse stakeholders.
- (+) Familiarity with Wealth Engine, Every Action, or other Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database a plus
Compensation, benefits, and other information:
This position is eligible for remote work from anywhere within the United States provided you are available during POGO’s core working hours of 9AM-6PM in the Eastern Time Zone. Otherwise, the position and POGO are based in Washington, DC. This is a full-time position and includes the listed benefits:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience in the range of $54K – $62K
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) employee investment plan available, with employer retirement contribution through a SEP IRA once eligible
- Life insurance and long-term disability coverage
- Metro SmarTrip benefits participation available
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume: https://pogo.breezy.hr/p/664d4f2faad9-mid-level-giving-officer?state=published