About The Foundation
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping young children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In 2018, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize was awarded to SHOFCO (Shining Hope for Communities), a grassroots organization based in Nairobi, Kenya that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.6 billion in grants, distributing $114.9 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2017. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.8 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
About The Role
Working with the Talent & Culture Team the Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for recruiting qualified candidates to fill positions across the Foundation. The talent acquisition specialist will also be responsible for identifying top talent and converting prospects into active candidates. They will work with Hiring Managers and the Talent & Culture team to execute on workforce and hiring plans. They will also assess the profiles of candidate and manage them through the interview process, negotiating offers and closing acceptances.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will work to establish and maintain strong networks of diverse candidates for ongoing organizational needs by developing innovative sourcing initiatives and a solid pipeline of qualified candidates at all times. Ensure that all recruiting processes and procedures meet the needs of the organization and ensure compliance with state and federal reporting requirements.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will also further develop and manage the Foundation’s internship and fellowship programs, applicant tracking system and the new hire on-boarding process. They will provide candidates with a general overview of the Foundation’s programs and growth plans; culture, mission, values; and benefits programs.
- Develop strategy to influence hiring managers how to execute a process to best meet hiring needs, provide updates, ensure appropriate staffing, adjust strategy to meet changing priorities.
- Manage the full life cycle recruitment process for new hires and our internships and fellowships programs. This includes all aspects of the recruitment process, specifically determining strategy for recruiting for specific positions in consultation with hiring managers, which includes; sourcing, reviewing resumes, evaluation criteria (to include assessment and selection tools), conducting initial phone screening, interviewing, and reference checking where applicable.
- Negotiate candidate offers. Coordinate finalization of new hire and transfer paperwork, including contracts.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, relocation policy, employee handbook, etc.).
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional working relationships between the Talent & culture recruitment function and hiring managers to enhance the delivery of best possible service.
- Work to proactively identify, recommend and implement strategic and operational enhancements in order to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting function in support of overall business strategy.
- Stay informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques in order to be competitive.
- Build diverse talent pipelines to source candidates through direct channels, social media, internet sourcing, email, blogs and networking events, talent mapping and relationship building
- Partner with the Communications to manage the Foundation’s social media strategy as it relates to our talent attraction efforts to continually promote our brand.
- Monitor trends and developments in sourcing tools and technologies and utilize social media for sourcing and other marketing forums to drive traffic to our career website
- Generate candidate interest through creative marketing and social media messaging
- Provide an initial screen and high level assessment of a candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities and overall fit with the role
- Actively track, manage and report on candidate pipelines through the applicant tracking system
- Develop proactive traditional and out of the box, sourcing strategies that build relationships with a diverse pool of candidates and results in quality hires.
- Partner closely with Hiring Managers to develop and execute tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals, as well as pipelines for upcoming searches.
- Responsible to find and actively participate in industry networking/sourcing communities (including universities) to leverage connections to recruit for current and future opportunities.
- Continue to develop and manage the Foundation’s emerging internship and fellowship program
- Deliver best in class internship experience including intern orientation, learning and development, and social events
- Execute the on-boarding, learning and development strategy for interns/fellows entering the Foundation.
- Act as a resource to interns throughout their internship experience Continue to seek out new ways to enhance programs and its linkage to the Foundation’s mission.
New Hire On-boarding Experience
- Coordinate and track pre-employment process using Jobvite, HireRight and Namely systems
- Create and manage an engaging new hire on-boarding process, which includes pre-employment activities through orientation in partnership with the Talent & Culture team and Hiring Managers.
- Facilitate the orientation program, and procure all necessary paperwork for payroll
- Ensure the effectiveness and relevance of the New Hire orientation and continually improve the experience and delivery of the process and materials.
- Planning new hire orientation activities collaborating with managers to ensure training plan for new hires; work with Facilities and IT staff for office/IT needs
- Manage the advertising process including; analysis of advertising source effectiveness
- Manages and coordinates the interview process.
- Ensures a positive experience for all applicants.
- Prepares interview guides and schedules all interviews as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for candidates, and handles related travel reimbursements.
- Oversees relocation for new hires when applicable
- Performs reference and background checks on candidates and makes recommendations for hire based on results.
- Tracking and responding to recruitment related inquiries.
- Maintain administration of Jobvite and Namely’s on-boarding module.
- Provide close management of temporary agency providing support to the Foundation, and with external recruiting resource
- Manage all vendors and tools associated with recruiting, and staffing needs
- Maintain accurate data in applicant tracking system
- Track and analyze applicable metrics of recruiting activities
- Supports Managers with temporary staffing needs
- Promotes Diversity & Inclusion throughout the recruiting and selection process
- Represent the foundation internally and externally at events with a goal of networking and relationship building with potential candidates
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, with emphasis in Human Resources or Social Sciences or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- PHR or SHRM certification or recruitment certifications
- Minimum of 3 years Recruiting or Talent Acquisition experience
- Ability to negotiate and close offers
- Ability to quickly adapt to, embrace and champion new technology and tools. Act as a change agent as new technology, tools and processes are rolled out
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Ability to utilize strategic thinking skills and work to collaborate with fellow team members on best practices
- Strong customer focus and effective use of consultative approach with hiring managers
- Ability to work independently, but a strong effective team player with a commitment to results
- Fluency in social media, networking platforms and internet search to generate prospects.
- Must have experience working with an ATS or other HRIS platforms.
- Expertise in advanced networking, candidate generation, and Internet sourcing methodologies.
- Strategic thinking and innovative sourcing channel experience.
- Ability to travel may be necessary within the scope of the role.
2-5 years international recruiting experience
- Experience working with Jobvite or Namely platforms.
- Talent Acquisition Specialist should be customer service-oriented and must have broad knowledge of the Foundation’s compensation & benefits, staffing, learning & development, policies and procedures, and basic US labor laws
- Attracts top talent
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Plans and Aligns
- Interpersonal savvy
- Optimizes work process
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.
How To Apply