Located in Wichita, Kansas, the Kansas Health Foundation (KHF) is a philanthropy dedicated to improving the health of all Kansans. The Foundation’s assets total over $500 million and approximately $20 million in grants is paid out annually. Using a strategic grant-making approach, KHF seeks opportunities to invest its resources in people and projects that meet its mission and that create long-term, sustainable health improvements.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working closely with the board of directors and other Foundation senior leaders, the Chief Financial Officer oversees all investment and finance activities of the Foundation to plan, develop and implement investment and finance strategies which will achieve the Foundation’s long-term investment objectives. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates all investment committee activities under the direction of the committee chair and CEO.
- Maintains contact with investment managers by reviewing regular manager reports, scheduling manager visits to the Foundation, and visiting managers in their offices at intervals to be determined by the investment committee and CEO.
- Maintains regular contact with the Foundation’s investment consultants in order to recommend new investment policies and strategies to the committee, and determine that managers and the total portfolio are meeting long-term performance targets.
Required qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance or accounting required; advanced degree in a business related field preferred. CPA and/or CFA designation is strongly preferred.
- Significant experience (minimum of 10 years) in a non-profit, tax-exempt organization setting with preference given to experience in philanthropy.
- Strong skills and experience with large, complex institutional investment programs.
- Familiarity with government compliance reporting requirements for tax-exempt organizations.
- Demonstrated experience managing employees, consultants, investment managers and other stakeholders.
EFL Associates has been retained by the Kansas Health Foundation to conduct this search. To express interest or to make a referral, please contact Todd Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 913-234-1376.