Self-Help Federal Credit Union was chartered in 2008 to build a network of branches that serve working families and underserved communities. With 18 branches in California, 9 branches in Illinois, 2 branches in Florida, and 1 branch in Wisconsin, approximately $950 million in assets, and serving more than 80,000 members, Self-Help Federal is one of the fastest-growing low-income designated credit unions in the country. It is part of the national Self-Help family of non-profit organizations whose collective mission is to create and protect ownership and economic opportunity for all. For 37 years, the Center for Community Self-Help and its affiliates have provided $7.6 billion in financing to help over 137,000 low-wealth borrowers buy homes, start and build businesses, and strengthen community resources. For more information, go to www.self-helpfcu.org and www.self-help.org.
Self-Help Federal Credit Union seeks a proven leader with a deep commitment to social and economic justice, a preference for a diverse and collaborative workplace, and experience in credit unions, banking, lending, and/or other community development operations. Self-Help Federal, a leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) has been expanding rapidly, both in California and nationally. Its management structure is also evolving as part of the larger Self-Help family of organizations based in Durham, NC. The Senior Vice-President will manage a group of the organization’s California-based Team Leaders, and as part of the SHFCU Leadership Caucus participate in leading the organization’s growth and development. Based on a candidate’s experience, the functional areas the SVP will oversee is flexible within the breadth of our operations – from lending, branch operations and remote banking services to support functions like compliance, operations training, IT, HR, marketing and communications. The position will be based at one of Self-Help’s California locations.
·Lead, coach and supervise Team Leaders and assigned teams, with a focus on staff development and driving performance.
· Drive goal setting, outcome accountability, performance management, and budgetary oversight for assigned teams.
· With others, effectively coordinate resources across teams.
· Ensure strong internal and external customer service and support from assigned teams, working with leaders across the organization to ensure effective collaboration across teams.
· Communicate and model behavior in order to promote mission and culture alignment, drive goals and policies, and effectively address areas of concern and conflict.
· Evaluate and manage risk within assigned teams, facilitating solutions to increase effectiveness and mitigate organizational risk.
· Help to develop and implement organizational strategy, including growth and innovation.
· Provide leadership and expertise on special projects as requested.
· At least fifteen years of relevant experience (at least 10+ management) with a financial institution or comparable organization, with a preference for experience within Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs)
· Demonstrated track record in providing strategic leadership to an organization or business unit and driving strong results
· Sincere commitment to staff development and active management of staff and business units
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Sensitivity to issues of low-wealth borrowers and communities, and a desire to work in a racially and socially diverse organization
· Exhibits the following Self-Help leadership competencies:
· Mission, culture and core values fit
· High Emotional Intelligence: team and people skills, self-awareness, etc.
· Relevant technical and strategic skills and problem solving capability
· Cultural competence and inclusion
· Persuasion and negotiation skills
· Undergraduate degree preferred; MBA or graduate degree in another related field is a plus. Neither is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Close vision is required.
· Employee is regularly required to: sit; talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
· Employee is frequently required to type and use a keyboard.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
How To Apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter, describing why you believe you are a good fit for this position, to email@example.com The position will remain posted until filled.