Based in Charlottesville, Virginia, Investure was founded in 2003 to serve as the outsourced investment office to endowments and private foundations where building a high-quality organization in-house is not economical or preferable. Managing assets exceeding $14 billion through 14 client relationships, Investure is responsible for asset allocation and manager selection in multiple asset classes including but not limited to fixed income, global public equities, and alternative investments (hedge funds and private equity). Investure is a growing, fast-paced, high-energy culture where there is a vast opportunity for learning.
This professional will be a core member of Investure’s Client Team reporting to the Director of the Client Team. The individual will be primarily responsible for providing day-to-day support for client meeting presentations, reporting, and other customized communications for client boards and committees. The successful candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with the ability to multi-task and thrive in an ever-changing dynamic environment. The incumbent should have a client service mindset with experience in best practices of client service and communication with a strong interest in serving non-profits. He or she must be able to design, prepare, and deliver high-quality communications and reports that analyze and effectively communicate portfolio information to client boards and committees. An understanding of institutional multi-asset class portfolios and/or a strong desire to learn and understand these portfolios (coupled with strong analytical skills) is required.
Responsibilities and title will ultimately be commensurate with the professional’s experience and demonstrated faculties and judgment.
CLIENT PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTING
- Efficiently manage development of client materials from concept to final approvals for senior management; create and support content development of client investment committee (“IC”) and board presentation materials, whether in written communications, PowerPoint, or analytical reports; prepare, edit, and manage ongoing updates and enhancements to these client deliverables.
- Partner with Investure’s Reporting & Analytics Team and utilize Investure’s software tools to extract data as necessary and synthesize into client deliverables; understand how and where client and portfolio data originates and what drives performance to translate exposures and performance information into IC presentations, regular reporting, board presentations, and written narratives, or other portfolio reporting for client committees, boards, and staff.
- Oversee and execute on regular client reporting including monthly, quarterly, and annual client reporting.
- Oversee accurate completion of ad hoc requests or analyses from clients and also for internal principals and team members.
- Provide current and prospective clients with due diligence information necessary to understand the firm’s business and investment strategies; respond to RFPs, questionnaires, and similar requests.
- Understand compliance considerations and necessary disclosures for outgoing materials/analyses.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Maintain and utilize internal CRM system, including logging client contacts, pipelines, calendars, client calls, meetings, and other relevant client updates.
- Maintain Investure client portal.
- Attend and listen to all IC meetings, take notes and produce and manage process around approving clients’ IC minutes.
- Manage and prepare responses to outstanding client inquires, requests and other follow-up, ensuring timely and accurate responses;
- Ensure clients’ portfolios and unique qualities are captured in presentations, analyses and internal CRM system;
- Direct content creation for onboarding of new clients and/or new client staff and IC members.
- Research and produce insightful content on ad hoc educational topics for clients (both IC and client staff).
- Regularly track industry publications and databases for relevant market knowledge, competitive data, and client searches.
GENERAL / OTHER
- Take interest and stay informed of potential and current investments, investment philosophy and process, and macroeconomic events that may affect client portfolios.
- Distribution of deliverables to clients.
- Work with Treasury and Portfolio Management team to help facilitate monthly client rebalancing and cash management process.
- Assist in planning of client meetings and events and support ad hoc project requests.
- Closely collaborate with the other members of the Client Team in envisioning and implementing ways to improve client service overall.
Education, Experience & Skills
- Strong academic background and Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s in finance and/or MBA, CFA or CIPM a plus but not required;
- 5 of more years of relevant work experience (finance, investment, or related industry (including management consulting) experience strongly preferred)
- Experience preparing presentations to boards, senior management, and/or clients; knowledge of presentation and communication best practices;
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; must be comfortable working with with portfolio data and content;
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing, and presentation creation skills;
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities required, especially in creating, maintaining, and formatting board presentations, client pitches, and other client reporting templates; data visualization and data communication a plus;
- Experience with Salesforce and Addepar a plus;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to manage competing and evolving deadlines;
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and experience with project management;
- Experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team;
- Strong work ethic and a genuine passion for excellence;
- Team player with positive attitude and pro-active approach to work;
- High level of maturity and sound judgment;
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Integrity: Demonstrates unquestioned ethics and credibility. Strives to exemplify the highest ethical standards in both work and personal lives
- Excellence: Has exceptional work ethic. Works both hard and smart. Demonstrates continuous self-evaluation of successes and failures
- Service: Puts others first. Illustrates mission driven outlook and approach
- Stewardship: Puts long-term interests above short-term goals. Focuses on the greater good
- People: Demonstrates passion and excellent judgment. Treats others with respect, helps when and how needed, and is respectful of the needs of others
- Teamwork: Takes a collaborative and selfless approach. Operates under the “Golden Rule”
- Humility: Comfortable with being wrong. Seeks to learn from mistakes. Willing to do anything necessary to get the job done. Treats all as equals
Position Based Competencies
- Accuracy: Identifies and corrects mistakes; does not repeat past mistakes; demonstrates strong attention to detail.
- Team Orientation: Comfortable taking direction or taking the lead; receptive to feedback.
- Process Management: Creative and innovative thinker who can simplify and improve complex procedures.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills; professional and diplomatic demeanor.
- Planning: Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; accurately scopes tasks and projects.
- Adaptability: Self-directed learner; effectively and positively embraces and manages change. Doesn’t require constant direction.
- Relationship Management: Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; ability to establish strong rapport across all levels.
- Expertise: Has experience and knowledge to oversee a function with a high level of accomplishment; able to successfully direct and guide.
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills; Seeks input and builds consensus to drive team to desired solution.
- Judgment: Demonstrates good decision-making based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom and experience; considers organizational impact.
How To Apply
Please visit our website to apply, www.investure.com/careers.