The Organization – Philanthropy Ohio
Philanthropy Ohio is a statewide membership association that leads and equips Ohio philanthropy to be effective partners for change in our communities. Working towards a vision of a just and vibrant Ohio through impactful philanthropy, our dedicated staff helps members achieve their charitable goals by advocating, educating, convening and collaborating – all while centering equity.
Members are community and private foundations, corporate contributions programs, individuals, giving circles, government, and federated funds, including United Ways and other grantmaking organizations. Incorporated in 1984, Philanthropy Ohio is a 501(c) (3) organization headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with a regional office (serving northern Ohio) located in Cleveland. Our nearly 200 members collectively hold over $50 billion in assets and provide over $4 billion in grants to nonprofit organizations that work to improve the lives of community residents. Philanthropy Ohio is a member of the United Philanthropy Forum, the national umbrella organization for the country’s philanthropy-serving organizations.
The Associate, Communications & Membership assists in implementing Philanthropy Ohio’s communications, membership, and program strategies for internal and external audiences to meet the organization’s strategic goals.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Columbus. Philanthropy Ohio is currently working in a hybrid model. Starting salary range: $40,000 – $45,000. Philanthropy Ohio offers 15 days paid vacation, sick leave, retirement benefits, medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, and a collegial work environment.
• Assists with producing and disseminating high-quality content for all communications channels.
• Assists with executing the annual communications calendar, including social media strategies and managing the Ohio Philanthropy News and EventsLine newsletters.
• Assists in executing day-to-day email campaigns, special initiatives and events.
• Researches content and analyzes data for newsletters, surveys and reports.
• Assists with research and information gathering to answer questions posed by members and staff on key issues and areas, managing member listservs and information requests.
• Maintains organizational brand and voice internally, externally and across all communications channels.
• Prepares written and digital communications, talking points and presentations as needed.
• Designs and maintains organizational collateral in partnership with external designers, printers and other vendors as needed.
• Maintains membership database, ensuring accurate, current information; developing campaigns; creating and evaluating reports; and other data management as needed.
• Assists with implementing the member retention and engagement plans, providing reports on activities and progress.
• Assists with the annual membership renewal campaign.
• Assists in executing new member welcome plans.
• Assists with updating membership marketing and promotional materials.
• Conducts annual membership survey in partnership with other staff, assisting with data analysis and presentation.
• Maintains primary relationships with members as assigned by the Constituent Relationship Management plan.
Programs & Policy Support
• Manages program communications and logistics, from announcement to evaluation, including event registration, confirmation and reminders; creating opportunities in Salesforce; sharing pre-meeting information and disseminating post-program materials and resources as needed; initiating and collecting program evaluations; and developing reports as needed.
• Manages the program announcement process, including preparation, proofing and distribution of program announcements and other promotional materials as needed.
• Manages the process of publishing events to the Philanthropy Ohio website in partnership with Manager, Technology & CRM Administrator.
• Assists in creating materials marketing all events and programs, including for the annual conference.
• 2-4 years experience, preferably in marketing or communications.
• Four-year college degree preferred.
• Effective, demonstrated communication skills with the ability to author and proof content for print and electronic publication.
• Exceptional organizational, planning, administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• A strong commitment to high-quality member service.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experience using Salesforce or CRM software preferred.
• Knowledge of MailChimp or email marketing software preferred.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
• Knowledge of Drupal or other website development/content management platforms preferred.
• Knowledge of philanthropy/nonprofit sector preferred.
Qualifications Common to all Positions at Philanthropy Ohio.
• Commitment to our core values of Community, Courage, Voice, Integrity and Equity.
• Experience with or interest in learning about organized philanthropy.
• Attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality, timely work products.
• Communicate effectively in a variety of settings and styles.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Willingness to be flexible in working remotely and on-site.
• Use time and resources well and ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
• Approach responsibilities creatively and innovatively with the goal of continuous improvement.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Zoom, Slack, Salesforce and project management tools.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Statement
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging are among Philanthropy Ohio’s core values. We believe that greater diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging is a matter of fairness and effectiveness in our profession. To have real impact in a diverse and complex world, organized philanthropy must effectively include these voices and draw upon them to intentionally engage issues of diversity, equity and inclusion in an authentic way. We encourage all foundation leaders to sustain leadership commitment, authorization, learning and outreach and strategically and intentionally advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organizations and grantmaking.
Philanthropy Ohio is an equal opportunity employer. There shall be no discrimination of persons on the basis of race, age, sex, marital status, disability, citizenship, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment.
Read more about us at www.philanthropyohio.org.
How To Apply
Applicants must send both a cover letter and resume no later than January 1, 2024 to email@example.com.