The Colorado Trust
The Colorado Trust (The Trust) is a health equity foundation dedicated to ending inequalities that affect racial, ethnic, low-income and other vulnerable populations. When the nonprofit PSL Healthcare Corporation was sold to a for-profit organization in 1985, the proceeds of the sale were used to create The Trust. Since then, The Trust has worked closely with communities and nonprofit organizations throughout the state to improve the health and well-being of Coloradans.
The Trust strives to maintain a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
- Participate in planning meetings to establish event logistics
- Research and secure meeting venues, lodging, catering, audio/visual, interpretation/translation, child care providers, notetaking (as needed), and all other event-related services
- Create and manage event registration pages, draft invitations and reminders, monitor and track registration changes and cancellations, and communicate with attendees
- Collect, prepare and distribute all meeting materials (agendas, evaluation forms, etc.)
- Monitor, record and verify all event-related expenses
- Provide onsite support during events, including setup and tear-down
- Resolve issues and requests in an effective and timely manner; notify respective parties of decisions made on issues and requests
- Work with Research, Evaluation & Strategic Learning department staff to distribute and ensure completion of meeting evaluations
- Provide debriefs on meetings/events, including possible improvements and budget variances
- Assist with supporting event attendee recruitment via email, phone and in-person (as needed)
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- Experience and/or training in event planning and/or logistics coordination, or a commensurate combination of education and experience
- Experience with project management
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Excellent listening and communication skills, with sensitivity to cultural communication differences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities, and to meet all deadlines
- Ability to communicate and respond via phone and/or email in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment and computer applications
- Ability to set up and maintain effective systems of organizing information, materials and communication
- Proven ability to problem-solve and follow-up appropriately on process and procedural issues using good judgement
- English proficiency required; Spanish proficiency a plus
- Ability to work nights and weekends, and travel in-state (required); travel ranges from 25 to 50 percent of the time
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Passion for and commitment to The Trust’s health equity vision, and its mission of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, especially across race, ethnicity, gender and class
- Commitment to issues of community, diversity, equity, integrity and fairness
- Comfort serving collaborative teams of colleagues both on-site and remotely
- Ongoing commitment to improving skills and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to handle confidential issues with discretion
- Action-oriented self-starter who can work well independently and in teams
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines
- Comfort creating and adhering to organized systems within flexible and dynamic community environments.
$48,000 annually. The Trust offers full-time employees a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit a detailed letter of interest and résumé. Electronic submission by email to email@example.com is preferred. Alternatively, submissions may be sent via fax to (303) 839-9034; or, via mail to:
The Colorado Trust
Attn: Human Resources
1600 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
The deadline to apply for this position is end of day on Friday, May 31, 2019.
The Trust seeks talented, team-oriented individuals, dedicated to our goal of advancing the health and well-being of the people of Colorado. Additionally, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome a diversity of perspectives and experiences among our staff. For more information, please visit www.coloradotrust.org.