At the Foundation, we believe that keeping equity at the heart of our work will lead us to better health. That starts from within, including intentional application of diversity, equity and inclusion practices that guide how we operate and work in communities across Colorado. For example, our cornerstones are designed to help ensure that:
· We serve Coloradans who have low income and have historically had less power or privilege.
· We do everything with the intent of creating health equity.
· We are informed by the community and those we exist to serve.
The Foundation is pleased to announce the opening for a Communications Officer. This role is ideal for a seasoned communications professional to create communications strategies and implement tactics that further the Foundation’s organizational goals. It brings opportunity for development of various types of compelling content necessary for multi-channel outreach, brand management and stakeholder engagement that aligns with our mission to improve the health of Coloradans. Applicants should be highly skilled writers and editors with a demonstrated passion for the power of strategic and equitable communications to influence and move people to action toward health equity in Colorado.
Ideal candidates will underscore our mission and cornerstones in all you do at the Foundation.
The position requires:
· Bachelor’s Degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, English or related field
· A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in creating successful strategies and executing tactics for complex portfolios of work that support of organizational goals
· Demonstrated ability to develop and distribute compelling content
· Advanced proficiency in AP style, proofreading and copyediting.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Creative Suite
· Valid Colorado driver’s license
· Occasional travel outside of regular business hours for events
Ideal candidates will possess:
· The ability to own and manage projects from ideation to execution.
· The ability to effectively multitask and manage competing priorities.
· The ability to work collaboratively on the Communications team and advise cross-functionally in the development and implementation of strategic communications.
· The ability to adopt and uphold organizational brand identity and style standards.
· Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgement and solve problems quickly and effectively.
· Demonstrated passion for learning, collaboration and diligence for hard work.
· A deep understanding of the communities we serve, including Coloradans living on low income, communities of color and/or and neighborhoods or regions that face equity issues (experience may be professional in nature or personal). A commitment to creating equitable communications that ensure we are inclusive, diverse and inherently focused on creating health equity through all we do.
· Eagerness, proactivity, flexibility and the ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
· The ability to quickly and efficiently develop content that meets project and deadline requirements.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the use of email marketing and social media platforms (especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) to advance communications efforts.
Final candidates will be asked to complete a communications assignment.
How To Apply
It is an exciting time to join the Foundation whose assets include a complex investment portfolio valued at approximately $2.6 billion and whose annual grant making is in excess of $100 million. The Foundation provides a robust benefit and wellness package, 401(k) match, and generous paid leave programs. The starting range for this position is $71,199 – $83,745 per year, paid as salaried, exempt and is eligible for all CHF benefits. This is a full-time in-office position in Denver, Colorado with the exception of required travel. The Foundation has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy in place for all staff.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to have a meaningful impact through their professional contributions. Qualified candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters, stating which position(s) interest you, on the Colorado Health Foundation’s website
This position closes August 14, 2022
The Colorado Health Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.