About the Walton Family Foundation
The Walton Family Foundation is, at its core, a family-led foundation. Three generations of the descendants of our founders, Sam and Helen Walton, and their spouses, work together to lead the foundation and create access to opportunity for people and communities. We work in three areas: improving K-12 education, protecting rivers and oceans and the communities they support, and investing in our home region of Northwest Arkansas and the Arkansas-Mississippi Delta. To learn more, visit waltonfamilyfoundation.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Walton Family Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining a culturally diverse workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment of any kind. We encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Position: Grants Team Manager
Department: Grants Management
Reporting to: Director of Grants Management and Operations
Location: Denver, CO
Walton Enterprises has an opening on the Walton Family Foundation Legal team seeking a skilled, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial individual to join the team as Grants Team Manager.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the organization to foster an environment where all associates THRIVE and belong. We do this by creating:
- a culture committed to continuous learning that recognizes and values differences
- an environment of respect and connection to learn from the richness of identities, experiences, and perspectives
- fair access for all to opportunities for growth and advancement
About the Position
This position is for a grants management professional with at least 5 years of experience. Ideally, you will have a working knowledge of the legal rules that apply to tax-exempt organizations, specifically private foundations. This role manages the WFF Grants Management team.
- Oversee and develop the WFF Grants Management team of 4-6 associates
- Play a key role in continuously improving grants management processes, resources, and capabilities to inform opportunities for greater efficiency and efficacy; ensure processes are documented and up to date
- Partner with colleagues and other departments to better collect and reflect grant data in reporting and tax returns
- Support WFF in maintaining up-to-date processes and policy and documentation
- Help train associates on WFF grant processes and policies as well as relevant IRS regulations relevant to private foundation grantmaking
- Maintain grantmaking templates (e.g., application, agreement letters, reporting); partner with Legal, Technology and other key stakeholders to update as needed.
- Inform and help to implement requirements for software systems to support grants management
- Serve as a resource on IRS regulations and other Federal and state laws applicable to grantmaking
- Serve on / coordinate WFF-wide Effective Grantmaking Group
Who we are looking for
Qualifications required for your success
- 5+ years of grants management experience with a deep understanding of grants processes and related financial and compliance issues, with a very strong preference for private foundation-related grantmaking experience
- At least 2 years of staff management experience, including proven track record in staff development
- Knowledge and experience with grants management systems, data tracking, and reporting
- Proven organization and planning/time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual skills
- Highly collaborative, hands-on leadership style and track record
- Strong understanding of IRS rules and regulations governing private foundations
Additional Helpful Experience Includes
- Knowledge about IRS lobbying and campaign intervention rules is a plus.
- Change management, process improvement, and stakeholder engagement experience.
Personal attributes that support your success
- You are helpful, a team player, and show respect while collaborating with others
- You are results-oriented and exercise sound judgment in your work
- A lifelong learner who is inquisitive and solves problems with bold thinking and innovation
- A visionary who plans with imagination and wisdom
- You are dedicated to achieving excellence and working with others to tackle the tasks at hand
All offers of employment are contingent on your successful completion (where permitted by state law) of a confidentiality agreement and background check. In addition, you must provide proper identification verifying your eligibility to work in the United States on your first day of work.
Salary Range: $110,000-$140,000
Benefits Information: We offer a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401 (k) retirement plan, and paid time off.
*This information is provided to comply with Colorado Law
How To Apply