The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org.
Human Resources functions as consultants to staff and management in designing policies, programs and benefits that support our mission, vision, core values, racial equity focus and inclusive people strategies.
Our goal is to see employees challenged with meaningful and impactful work, having access to internal learning opportunities, and thriving and contributing in a collaborative, equitable and inclusive culture. We are seeking a Senior HR Manager with a strong HR generalist background who has an understanding and experience of the core aspects of HR Management and genuine excitement for helping The Endowment build a comprehensive HR infrastructure encompassing learning, employee engagement and development.
You will provide your HR Generalist expertise and thought leadership in developing workplace practices and policies that support our culture and will work closely with leadership in designing and implementing strategies that enable the organization to reach its greater potential.
In alignment with our values, you will develop processes related to employee on-boarding, staff orientations, change management, coaching and employee advocacy. You will also provide support with employee relations and bring your project management experience to HRMS programs and systems that support our initiatives.
This position is based in Los Angeles and will require occasional travel to offices in Oakland, Sacramento, Fresno and San Diego.
· Functions as a collaborative thought partner building consensus with staff and leaders and presenting alternative approaches and solutions to business initiatives.
· Partners closely with HR colleagues regarding annual people activities such as talent management and engagement, compensation, policy development and culture.
· Provides employee relations expertise, coaching and guidance related to policy violations and other reported issues.
· Manages internal independent contractor review process.
· In collaboration with internal stakeholders, partners with other team members in structuring learning and developmental experiences.
· Assesses and continually improves the effectiveness of programs to enhance impact and engagement.
· Researches and recommends emerging trends in leadership development, culture, and wellness.
· Develops and drives consistent programs and initiatives that encourage employee engagement, on-boarding and reinforces the company culture and values.
· Builds strong and thoughtful relationships with senior leadership and staff.
· Solves problems, gets to the root cause of issues, and designs and implements solutions that cut across multiple functional areas and departments.
· Engages in department budget planning and manages resource allocation of the department learning and consulting budget.
· Serves as a lead partner in managing the successful implementation of an HRMS system capable of streamlining data, processes and decision making.
· Knowledge of progressive strategies in Human Resources and change management. Strong knowledge of employment law and compliance.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and auditing skills required.
· Proven project management experience successfully planning and managing high-profile projects in a collaborative, transparent and inclusive environment.
· Team-oriented attitude and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. High social and emotional intelligence and proven experience delivering results and managing programs.
· Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, diversity, inclusion, collaboration and working effectively across and in support of diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
· Must possess consultative style and approach.
· Ability to listen first and build strong relationships with individuals at all levels.
· Proficient in prioritizing and managing complex tasks, meeting deadlines with an orientation toward execution and resolution.
· Strong attention to detail and a high sense of urgency and a good sense of humor.
· Optimistic facing challenges and partners with others through change.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 6-8 years of HR Generalist/Business Partner experience. Graduate degree preferred.
· Experienced communicator, writer, facilitator, and collaborator.
· PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
· A broad range of HR knowledge and hands on experience in organizational design, employee relations, performance management, business consulting, engagement, and crucial conversations.
Alignment to the Mission and Culture of The California Endowment
Commitment to the Foundation’s mission and core values of racial equity, diversity, inclusion and equity is essential to be successful in this position.
How To Apply
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to HRresumes@calendow.org. Please reference “Sr. Manager, Human Resources in the subject line.