With over 40 years of experience, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (CD&R) is one of the most experienced and respected private equity firms in the world. The firm is known for its distinctive approach to private equity investing and has consistently delivered top-tier returns to its Limited Partners. Founded in 1978, CD&R has institutionalized its distinctive approach to private equity investing: good investments result from sound decision-making, and good businesses are built with a commitment to operational excellence. As of December 2021, CD&R has invested in more than 100 portfolio companies and has total assets under management in excess of $50 billion. CD&R is currently investing its eleventh fund which totals $16 billion and expects to launch fundraising for its 12th fund in 2022 which is expected to be ~$20B+. CD&R practices private equity investing as a craft, relying on a dedicated and cohesive team with a shared sense of purpose and values.
For more information on Clayton, Dubilier, & Rice, please visit their https://www.cdr-inc.com/.
Senior Associate, Foundation Programs
Clayton, Dubilier, & Rice Foundation
NYC, New York
Clayton, Dubilier, & Rice Foundation (the Foundation) is looking for a strong customer-focused, relationship builder to serve as the Senior Associate of Foundation Programs. The Senior Associate will support grant administration and overall Foundation specialist administration/coordination support, working closely with the Foundation President, Director of Foundation Operations, and the Foundation Grants and Service Council (i.e., CD&R employee Foundation governance council).
The Senior Associate, Foundation Programs (Senior Associate) will be responsible for the successful implementation of the CD&R Foundation program in NYC. Acting as a key connector between grantees, program participants, CD&R employees, and the Foundation, the Senior Associate will need to thrive on being a bridge builder and excel in a complex, fast-paced environment. This is a unique opportunity for someone with experience in philanthropy, project management, management consulting, corporate social responsibility, or program management to build foundation practices in partnership with the President and Director of Foundation Operations.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Provide guidance and maintain frequent communications with program partners
• Manage and monitor grants and prepare funding reports
• Conduct program reviews and prepare reports for Foundation Board
• Analyze and troubleshoot program challenges
• Execute administrative duties within the foundation’s local giving program, including database management
• Identify and contact new program partners for Foundation programmatic expansion
• Support development and facilitation of programmatic elements (employee volunteering, employee education sessions, and employee giving) of Local Foundation strategy
• In collaboration with Foundation President and Director, Foundation Operations, liaise with peer funders or partners, Foundation grantees, and CD&R employees for all Local Foundation program-related matters
• In collaboration with Foundation President and Director, Foundation Operations, collaborate and liaise with other CD&R Teams and functional areas to support Foundation initiatives
• This role will be responsible for measuring the impact of the grants as well as evaluating grantees; they will take this information and translate into action and refine processes
• Create connections between grantees and other funders (when/if appropriate)
Candidate Profile and Responsibilities
While no candidate will bring every qualification desired for the Senior Associate role, the list below encapsulates the key skills, qualities, and experiences that would best prepare someone to serve in this vital position.
Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Confirms what needs to be done and then does it; Acts without relying on unnecessary oversight; Moves quickly to seize opportunities; Takes on difficult challenges without procrastinating; Initiates timely action to address important issues.
Plans and Aligns
Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with the finance team’s and firm’s goals; Creates a realistic timeline with steps outlined in the right sequence; Anticipates and minimizes bottlenecks or delays; Addresses risks and contingencies as part of the planning process; plans ahead to make sure critical resources are lined up for organizational priorities.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Proactively learns about new technologies and applies them to reporting challenges and opportunities.
Facilitates effective collaboration among coworkers and external advisors; Involves others in making decisions; Builds support for ideas among key stakeholders and decision-makers; Anticipates and addresses cultural norms and organizational and political difficulties or resistance.
Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
Keeps others informed; Listens attentively to others’ insights, advice, and instruction; Communicates clearly, concisely, and professionally; Adjusts communication content and style to the audience and a diverse set of stakeholders; Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience in corporate philanthropy and leadership or aligned experiences
• Experience partnering with non-profit organizations and leadership
• Experience driving design and execution of short-and long-term projects
• Able to engage and mobilize stakeholders across varying audiences
• Familiarity with database management (i.e, Salesforce, Deal Cloud, etc.)
Compensation & Benefits
Option 3. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The salary range for this role is $140,000 – 160,000, plus a generous and competitive benefits package
How To Apply
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Turner Delano of Koya Partners has been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials https://www.cdr-inc.com/. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email https://tinyurl.com/2jhvc7v5. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
Clayton, Dubilier, & Rice is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.