The Eagle Academy Foundation (EAF) challenges systemic barriers, thereby empowering young men of color to achieve their desired educational, career, and life outcomes. We deliver strategic direct-impact work and advance institutional change toward equity. EAF accomplishes this work through two essential programs:
• Eagles Soaring Beyond (ESB), a research-based, outcomes-oriented approach to empowering young men of color including those young men attending the six Eagle Academy public schools in high needs neighborhoods in New York City and Newark, New Jersey
• Eagle Institute, providing professional development coaching and support to educational leaders and educators across the country working to change the life prospects for young men of color.
This year, EAF is focused on three strategic priorities:
➢ Improving the education and long-term life outcomes of more young men by:
- Supporting and refining the implementation of Eagle Soaring Beyond (ESB).
- Expanding the Eagle Institute.
- Building EAF’s organizational infrastructure and expanding its capacity.
EAF’s revenue comes from corporate, foundation, and government grants, individual contributions, and earned revenue. EAF seeks to increase those investments and attract additional funding to expand its impact nationwide through the development of the Eagle Institute.
EAF is seeking an energetic, mission-driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented manager who embodies the Eagle mission to join a growing Development team to manage and grow Eagle’s diverse contributed-revenue portfolios. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development’s (DoD) core responsibilities include writing and developing pitch materials to private foundations, corporate, and government entities to secure funding for Eagle’s work, persuasively communicating Eagle’s mission and programs to potential funders and driving the coordination of grant proposals, reports, data gathering, and prospect development of private, corporate, and government funding candidates.
Additionally, this position will work with EAF leadership, board members, schools, and colleagues across the Foundation to identify new opportunities and coordinate efforts to strengthen EAF’s current donor base and broaden our major, corporate, and individual gift programs to ensure that EAF achieves our combined annual private fundraising goal (currently $3.5 Million). The DoD will partner closely with the CEO to navigate the organization’s fundraising cycle, managing, and closely monitoring EAF’s donor portfolio day-to-day.
This position will also stay on top of current trends by participating in meetings, trainings, and conferences that address local and national education issues as they impact young men of color. This is an ideal opportunity for a passionate, entrepreneurial, and experienced Development leader to co-author the next chapter in the history of an organization that has had a tremendous impact in its short history, during a critical moment of transformative growth.
Job Responsibilities Strategy and Planning
- Lead and manage the Foundation’s overall Development efforts to raise its annual budget.
- Collaborate with Board and team to create and implement annual Development plan and strategy to support EAF’s goals.
- Align fundraising efforts and systems to organizational and programmatic planning and operations.
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund-raising processes are carried out in a timely manner.
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved.
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts, and expenditures related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities. Fundraising
- Grow EAF’s Institutional Giving program – expand Corporate and Foundation giving, cultivate major gifts.
- Develop Individuals donor base, and manage annual giving campaign(s)
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate, foundation, and individual donors and prospects.
Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Conduct research and coordinate initial and ongoing engagement with prospective corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and write proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate and government funding prospects.
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events. Management
- Coach and supervise a Development Associate; train and lead other EAF staff to support fundraising and marketing.
- Coordinate corporate volunteer projects and in-kind donations.
- Develop policies, procedures, and systems for the Development department reflective of ethical fundraising practices.
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization.
Ensure donor database and information systems are accurate and up to date to ensure accurate and timely reporting of results and pipeline progress. Marketing and Communications
Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan with marketing and public relations strategies to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization, including use of social media.
Proven success in development, fundraising, donor research, and cultivating new prospects and stewarding donors for a non-profit organization.
- Comprehensive experience in all fundraising domains, including major gifts, private and corporate foundations, and government contracts.
- Proficiency in Excel and Salesforce and familiarity with CRM tools
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- Energetic and willing to work hands-on in developing and executing a range of fundraising activities.
- Experience creating fundraising plans and pitch documents.
- Ability to work collaboratively on and with a team and organize high-level volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Compensation The salary range for this position is $110K – $150K (Commensurate with experience and assessment of alignment for the position.)
How To Apply
Send resume: Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org