One Project’s mission is to bring about a world that’s more equitable, ecological, and effective. We work in deep collaboration with communities to explore how the full wisdom of humanity can be applied to create a fairer, more abundant future. We are exploring practical solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges through economics and governance systems that can serve as an alternative to a world in crisis.
As both an operating non-profit and a giving foundation, One Project works with communities to co-create new systems and solutions, while also building support for people and organizations around the world working toward a shared vision of the, “the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.”
Founded by Justin Rosenstein, whose tools have already changed the way billions of people collaborate, our team blends a values-driven, multi-perspectival and self-reflective ethic with the vision and ambition of some of the most innovative organizations of our time. We are bold enough to work on the largest problems but humble enough to know we must proceed with care, in deep collaboration with those we aim to serve.
Why are we called One Project? We hold a vision of a world in which humanity works together as one team, seeing ourselves not as rivalrous factions in a zero-sum game, but engaged cooperatively in the joint project of creating an ever-more-flourishing world. In the words of the Zapatistas, we envision, “un mundo donde quepan muchos mundos” — a world where many worlds fit.
Bringing this world about is the project we hope to share with all humanity, and we are eager to invite you to join in this work alongside us.
One Project is looking for a Relationships Specialist to join a new team that is working to cultivate strong, generative relationships and a dynamic ecosystem. Creating a strong culture of thoughtful and engaged relationships is central to One Project’s work and strategy, and this role will be integral to implementing this work, from both a relational and technical perspective. As a clear and effective communicator, you’ll bring an understanding of how to cultivate and strengthen relationships by providing a high degree of service and responsiveness. In this role, you’ll manage information and data related to relationships, which include partners, grantees, communities, advisors, and others. You will support the One Project team by keeping the big picture in mind while also paying attention to the details, including recording relevant information and next steps in our database, and ensuring timely follow-up and follow-through. Coordinating across the organization and working collaboratively with other teams including Community Engagement, Grantmaking, and Movement Building, you will help steward and ensure high quality, authentic relationships and interactions.
What You’ll Do:
- Support high touch relationship cultivation across the organization, ensuring relationships are tended to with care
- Manage and map projects and systems related to relationships, creating a dynamic, interconnected ecosystem over time
- Optimize team use of the CRM to facilitate excellent communication and relationship management
- Support CRM strategy and data management; track relationship information and data and provide timely and accurate reports and updates
- Serve as internal point of contact for relationship management data; create a feedback loop so that relationship information is shared and incorporated appropriately
- Craft and edit communications including correspondence, reports, and briefs
- Collaborate across One Project to support the planning and logistics of events and convenings
Who You Are:
You may be the candidate we’re looking for if you are genuinely enthusiastic about engaging with people and fostering meaningful connections. This role is an opportunity to integrate your active listening skills and intuition to connect and weave strong relationships across an emerging ecosystem.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the following reflects the ideal candidate profile:
- 5+ years working in a relationship management capacity (network engagement, grantee management, etc.); experience with progressive philanthropy and understanding of the intersection of identity/power/privilege with regards to philanthropy is a plus
- Track record of high touch, nuanced relationship management; demonstrated discretion and good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with a range of external partners
- Experience working with CRM databases and an ability to use technology to facilitate relationship management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Proactivity, a commitment to high quality work and follow through
- A collaborative mindset with an ability to relate to others and develop strong relationships internally as well as externally
- Spanish language skills a plus
How To Apply