Role Title: External Position Contractor Role -Executive Director
About the Black Executive CMO Alliance (BECA)
BECA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit delivering on its mission to provide an intimate, trusted and safe space for Black marketing C-suite executives from some of the world’s most respected brands (including Unilever, Marriott International, Levi Strauss & Co., SC Johnson, Nike, and Adidas among others) to share, learn, elevate and pay it forward while creating opportunity, access and equality for the current and next generation of Black-marketing leaders. This leadership role will assume responsibilities equivalent to an Executive Director while structured flexibly as a contractor. In addition to managing critical BECA initiatives, the contractor will work closely on The BECA Playbook, a first-of-its-kind career accelerator and two-year experience to propel the careers of selected Black future leaders on the marketing path to the C-suite by offering:
- 1:1 mentorship and coaching to share goals and develop a path to action
- Rare, unmatched exposure to a network of the world’s top Black executives whose career paths have been driven by marketing
- A safe space and network of peers to share authentically and learn from others’ experiences, including participation in interactive, expert-led sessions
- A curated learning experience to fill marketing skill gaps and apply in real-world simulations
- Branded credentials for certifications that matter to marketing leaders
BECA was created to drive real change and pave the way for up-and-coming leaders. The BECA Playbook embodies the pay it forward pillar to which members and sponsoring organizations have committed to challenging the corporate diversity gap by imparting their time, talents, and gifts to build a strong, ready pipeline of Black leaders.
For more information on BECA, visit www.blackexec.com and visit @TheofficialBECA on Twitter and Black Executive CMO Alliance on LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.
Location: This role is a fully remote working opportunity. However, occasional travel may be required, which will be reimbursed according to the final contract.
We are looking for a contractor to assume a leadership role equivalent to an Executive Director reporting directly to the Founder. This person must be dynamic, mission driven, and passionate about partnering with the Founder to provide services and assist in the hands-on operations of our organization. They will provide services to our strategic partners, members, and sponsors as well as to achieve the organization’s goals. This contractor role will provide expert services that span their experience in leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering and possess strong communications skills, both orally and written and be proficient in key business and organizational software such as Google Drive, Powerpoint, Excel, Canva and WordPress. They will possess excellent organization skills and “a can-do attitude” as they will provide services with the Founder to oversee administration, communications, programs, and planning.
Your services will include a sample of the following:
- Design, implement, and maintain strong systems and processes for smooth running of day-to-day operations including:
- Detailed project plans with understanding of tasks, sub-tasks, and milestones of each priority initiative
- Regular communications with stakeholders across executive membership, Future Leaders, corporate sponsors, service providers, interns, and staff
- Contact management to ensure up to date information across stakeholders
- Act as a thought partner to Founder by combining expert insight with an understanding of BECA’s mission to make well-informed strategic decisions while building a close, trusting relationship – at times acting as “proxy” for the Founder
- Lead proactive identification of issues and successful problem-solving by raising risks to Founder and proposing solutions backed by experience + understanding of organization
- Work closely with corporate partners on executing high priority initiatives including The BECA Playbook (Deloitte), BECA brand & PR strategy (WPP-BCW), and proprietary research projects
- Design, plan, and execute regular BECA events alongside key partners (e.g. event planners, membership committees, in-kind service providers) including – but not limited to – the bi-annual BECA gala, quarterly member meetings, and international symposium
- Effectively communicate the strategic vision and represent the organization across stakeholder groups
- Conduct business development efforts with prospective sponsors including lead generation, communications, and contracting
- Oversee intern staff including time management, task sourcing, and delegation with QA oversight on social media posts, website content, blogs, and newsletters through detailed reviews and recommendations on how to strengthen BECA’s brand
- Implement and track organizational KPIs that speak to impact of BECA to its members, sponsors, and corporate partners
- Proactively provide fiscal management services by creating pro forma budget plans, monitoring budget developments, and making recommendations on fiscal prudence
- As required by the Founder, attend member/Board meetings and provide reports and updates on all current work, project timelines and organizational progress
- Identify areas of process improvement internally and among external partners to consistently improve daily operations while accelerating the mission of BECA
The ideal candidate should be highly organized with a servant-leadership mindset and thoughtful approach to day-to-day operational management, strategic planning, and organizational leadership. Qualified contractors should bring proven expertise and a track record in the following services and skills:
- A strong passion for the mission and programs of BECA backed by experience in marketing and/or advertising as well as diversity and inclusion
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with experience working in collaborative platforms (i.e. Google Drive)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups
- Proven leadership capabilities with experience managing direct / indirect stakeholders
- Minimum of five years of prior professional experience at a nonprofit or corporate organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or substantial relevant experience
- Remote-first role; however, valid passport needed with the ability to travel domestically or internationally if necessary
- Ability to wear many hats with desire to help shape the direction of a high-impact organization from the ground up
- Ability to review current organizational programs/structures and make recommendations for streamlining / efficiency
- Experience and keen interest in the field of marketing
- Familiarity with digital marketing campaigns across channels including social media, website, and email
- Expertise to provide services on how to foster an environment of accountability, healthy work relationships and partnerships, and inclusivity
- Experience with – or willingness to learn – organizational software tools e.g. Salesforce CRM, and desire to effectively use digital methods to streamline operations of the organization
This contractor role will require approximately 34 hours per week; final terms and conditions will be set out in a contractor agreement.
For more information about BECA, visit www.blackexec.com and visit @TheofficialBECA on Twitter and Black Executive CMO Alliance on LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.Position Overview:
How To Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.