The Organization – Council on Foundations
The Council on Foundations is a nonprofit membership association that serves as a guide for philanthropies as they advance the greater good. Building on our almost 75-year history, the Council supports over 850 member organizations in the United States and around the world to build trust in philanthropy, expand pathways to giving, engage broader perspectives, and co-create solutions that will lead to a better future for all.
The marketing associate supports the Communications and Content team in executing its strategies to build its membership and market its products, publications, and events. The associate will work across the team and the Council and should deftly juggle multiple streams of work, from long-term projects to quick-turnaround tasks.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the marketing function of the Communications and Content Team, executing campaigns to promote the Council’s programs, events, publications, and job board. This includes managing timelines and trackers, keeping internal teams well informed, coordinating with vendors, and getting approvals from across the Council.
- Support member recruitment and retention by writing and editing marketing materials, such as emails, web pages, ad campaigns and social media posts.
- Work with team members to pull, edit, and maintain target lists for use in all marketing campaigns.
- Ensure all marketing materials are brand aligned and provide support to internal teams to aid brand understanding and compliance.
- Manage daily administrative tasks, including Salesforce data entry, to ensure accurate tracking and analysis of sales and membership campaigns.
- Maintain marketing project files on SharePoint, including the Council’s image library.
- Contribute to overarching organization goals by participating in cross-functional working groups.
- Perform any additional duties or assignments as assigned by the Director, Communications and Marketing.
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience. Undergraduate degree in a marketing related field is preferred but not required.
- Experience with membership marketing and philanthropy, preferred but not required.
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Excellent writing, oral communications skills and storytelling abilities.
- Good graphic design sense and proficiency with Canva and Adobe Suite or willingness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively engage key customers and provide good customer service.
GENERAL COMPETENCIES (REQUIRED OF ALL STAFF)
- Ability to actively engage in, demonstrate commitment to the Council’s Operating Principles and Race, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion values.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to listen well, and positively represent the organization and its mission.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to identify and solve problems efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to manage many and/or differing tasks, maintain productivity, and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and positively both independently and on a team with a range of individuals and working styles, and with people at all organization levels including staff, board members, foundation officers, donors, and vendors.
- Experience or ability to use CRM database solutions, preferably Salesforce.
- Proficient skill in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
OPERATING PRINCIPLES, PLUS EQUITY AND INCLUSION
The Council’s operating principles and race, equity, diversity, and inclusion (REDI) commitments exist to guide how staff interact with and treat one another, members, vendors, and the philanthropic sector. Staff are expected to consistently demonstrate the principles, and actively support commitments to building an inclusive culture.
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically, including overnight trips.
How To Apply
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply please click here to go to the Council on Foundations Career Page.