MVP is a best-in-class advising platform connecting progressive donors to the most effective and promising grassroots organizations in the country working at the intersection of movements, community organizing, and elections. We aim to increase investment in frontline organizations led by the most impacted communities to increase turnout among the progressive base, build long-term political power, and ultimately to transform our country at the local, state, and national levels. In the 2020 cycle, MVP successfully moved over $120 million to over 600 local groups across the country, focused in the most critical states.
We are organizers, and the heart of our work is organizing donors through MVP to support local groups in order to build, sustain, and amplify their impact. We work in service of local groups, and we try to be aware at all times of the power dynamics of being a funder and to be careful about incentivizing actions that could alter an organization’s own priorities; we work hard not to impose on our partners. We are also striving to continuously scrutinize and dismantle the ways we manifest and reproduce white supremacy culture both internally and externally.
We focus on building from our assets, and taking a positive approach to growth and change that helps groups and donors to feel comfortable being vulnerable about their areas of improvement. We believe in a non-competitive, non-divisive, whole ecosystem approach; we are always seeking opportunities to support and encourage collaboration among groups and donors.
As the Greater NY Area Senior Major Donor Advisor, you will prospect, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors and funders in the greater New York City area who give or have the capacity to give $10,000 or more annually. You will report to the Director of Major Donor Advising and work closely with the other donor advising team members who share the NY area geography as well as the Donor Organizing, Foundations and Donor Partnerships teams.
As the Senior Donor Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Effective overall management of your assigned portfolio leading to achieving annual fundraising/advising targets
- Prospecting new potential supporters
- Qualifying current and newly identified prospects
- Cultivating qualified prospects
- Soliciting and advising current donors and new prospects
- Stewarding major donors to building lasting relationships between MVP and the donor.
- Developing funding dockets consisting of MVP grantee partners for our most generous supporters as needed.
- Liaising with the Foundations and Partnerships team leads on identified NY area foundation funders and potential funding partnerships.
- Networking of the greater NYC area progressive political and philanthropy spaces
- Participate in a cross-functional team environment supporting overall team success
How To Apply
Submit an application to https://glymph-consulting.breezy.hr/p/c341e81441ed-mvp-greater-ny-area-senior-major-donor-advisor