Enterprise Community Partners
The Senior Program Director will oversee the Preservation Program of the Northern California Enterprise office that advances preservation the acquisition and rehab of unsubsidized affordable housing as an important anti-displacement, community stabilization, and affordable housing strategy.
The Senior Program Director will oversee the Preservation Program of the Northern California Enterprise office that advances preservation – the acquisition and rehab of unsubsidized affordable housing – as an important anti-displacement, community stabilization, and affordable housing strategy. We aim to ensure that long term residents, especially low-income people of color, get a chance to stay in their homes in neighborhoods where they have built pride, connections and community. This program encompasses: fostering and deepening partnerships and collaborations with a range of stakeholders (mission-oriented developers, philanthropic partners, local and regional governments, finance institutions, and advocacy organizations) to build the capacity of the field; designing preservation funding and finance tools with our capital team; providing technical assistance to support a range of preservation efforts from traditional deed-restricted rentals to community ownership models; crafting state and local preservation policies with our policy team; developing tools for public sector partners, mission-driven developers, community-based organizations and other practitioners; conducting research; and assisting with fundraising. This position will oversee Enterprise developer and public agency capacity building grantmaking portfolio, which includes HUD’s Capacity Building for Community Development and Affordable Housing Program (also known as the Section 4 program) and new grant making programs with support from junior staff. This position will engage in program and policy development, relationship management, staff and consultant supervision, fundraising, budget management and select communications. While this position focuses on preservation, there are opportunities to engage in other work to advance our organizational mission as well as contribute the operations of the Northern California office.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated, creative, flexible, and effective team player eager to continue and improve existing Enterprise efforts and significantly expand the program to meet local affordable housing and community development goals. This position will manage consultants, interns and new staff pending funding. This position reports to the Senior Director and is part of the Northern California office’s Integration Team.
Salary Range: $110,000-$130,000
***Candidates must include a cover letter
- Oversee and manage all facets of Enterprise’s programmatic work on preservation to ensure it is successfully delivering on commitments to public and private partners, advancing the goals of the program, and building the capacity of the field to evaluate preservation as a proven anti-displacement strategy.
- Shepherd Enterprise’s ongoing relationship-building and programmatic development aimed at increasing preservation capacity with affordable housing developers, community-based organizations, public agencies and residents.
- Lead on local, regional and statewide collaborations to advance preservation, serve on various advisory councils and collaborative tables, and be available to stakeholders (public agencies, developers and community-based organizations) to provide input and critical commentary on preservation.
- Manage Enterprise’s delivery of technical assistance to affordable housing developers, community-based organizations, residents, and public agencies. Specific projects include supporting providing technical assistance for the San Francisco Foundation Breakthrough Challenge Grant Program and the Foreclosure Intervention Housing Preservation Program (FIHPP).
- Create effective communication materials and be a skilled leader and communicator who is technically adept, action-oriented, and able to quickly and effectively solve problems.
- Conduct research and shape preservation policies. Explore writing with the Enterprise team a paper on preservation which will focus identifying opportunities for deepening impact and scale of the preservation field. With preservation partners, identify and implement strategies such shared property and asset management or turn-key development.
- Coordinate with national Enterprise colleagues on Preservation Next.
- Support creation of funding proposals to support activities and prepare progress and activity reports as required by funders.
- Supervise program staff, including consultants, interns, and new staff pending funding.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Actively collaborate with Enterprise business lines to identify new opportunities to market.
- Undergraduate degree and 7-8 years of experience in relevant community development, public policy, government, nonprofit, or housing based human services experience; graduate degree may substitute for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: affordable housing development and/or finance, program design and delivery; training and technical assistance; research and report writing /communications; successful funding proposal writing and grant management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong familiarity with the policies, funding sources, financial structure and process of affordable housing development, specifically preservation
- Experience with nonprofit organizational development and delivery of technical assistance desired
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including editing and proofreading, and experience with preparation of successful funding proposals
- Strong presentation, negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to represent Enterprise in a variety of settings
- Experience successfully managing staff and consultants
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Sound judgement and ability to identify and analyze typical work situations and develop solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and assignments, meet tight deadlines, coordinate and communicate effectively among widely dispersed partners
- Commitment to actively participate in team-oriented activities, builds relationships, and facilitate solutions
- Ability to operate independently under minimal supervision and successfully navigate new situations and environments
- Ability to travel upon occasion
- Strong commitment to Enterprise’s mission
How To Apply