Deaconess Foundation invests in the well-being of children, engages our region around the plight of youth, and advocates for change. A ministry of the United Church of Christ, Deaconess has invested more than $85 million to improve the health of the St. Louis community since 1998 and believes healthy, hope-filled futures for children benefit the entire region. The Foundation’s grantmaking footprint includes St. Louis City, St. Louis, Jefferson, St. Charles, and Franklin Counties in Missouri and Madison, St. Clair and Monroe Counties in Illinois. Deaconess Foundation is a supporting organization of the Missouri Mid-South and Illinois South Conferences of the United Church of Christ and operates as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and as a Type I supporting organization under Section 509(a)(3) of the Code. Additional information about the Foundation can be found on our website: www.deaconess.org.
The responsibility of this full-time position is coordinating routine processes for grant making within the foundation’s program portfolio and relationship management and constituency support services to the Foundation’s volunteers and prospective/funded partners. The position assures effectiveness of grant making program operations by enhancing communication with partners and devising and implementing efficiencies of workflow. The Program Manager will support the management of Deaconess resources while remaining partner oriented and allowing funded partners to hold true to their mission and organizational goals. The Program Manager is able to think outside the box of traditional grant making organizations and will help to drive day-to-day grant making functions, keeping close ties with Deaconess Foundation’s core values and principals of trust-based philanthropy.
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with community-based system’s change organizations
- Coordinate data management for Partnerships and Capacity Building area, including systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Assist the Director, Partnerships and Capacity Building with research and material preparation for meetings
- Ensure the parameters of grant covenants are met and ongoing reporting submissions are reviewed and monitored for areas of support beyond the grant needed by funded partners
- Provide support in relationship management with consultants and other professionals required for implementing capacity building programming and learning opportunities for partners
- Review grant applications and make recommendations on submission alignment with Deaconess Foundation’s giving priorities
- Support the development of and assist in implementing capacity building related programming and other learning opportunities for funded partners
- Remain well informed of current research, activities, and trends to advance child well-being, social and racial justice and other topical issues addressed by funded partners
- Collaborate with the Director, Partnership and Capacity Building toward the development and implementation of adequate monitoring and evaluation of grant making and related partner support activities
- Accurately mange and process grant information from submission, through review to notification
- Provide technical assistance to applicants before submissions, during submission reviews and following notification of submission status
- Coordinate and schedule technical assistance and inquiry meetings with prospective and existing funded partners
- Conduct check in meetings and support the regular engagement of funded partners to provide consultation on project implementation as needed
- Manage grant application software for receipt of grants
- Maintain physical and electronic files
- Manage correspondence and facilitate ongoing communications with funded partners and other community partners/stakeholders
- Complete due diligence to verify grant applicant nonprofit status and eligibility, as needed
- Develop and format grant recommendation summaries
- Generate grant notification correspondence including award letters, covenants and notification to applicants of submission status
- Work to enhance and improve grants management processes and increase efficiencies
- Assist with the production of materials for Board meetings, as necessary
- Support execution of Partnerships and Capacity Building initiatives and events
- Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned, based on need and competence
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma is required. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum five years’ experience working for at least two nonprofits, philanthropic, or nonprofit consulting organizations in a program officer, or program management role is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Highly professional deportment and presentation
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
How To Apply
For More information or to apply: Please upload cover letter, and salary requirements as one document to the Deaconess career website: https://deaconess.isolvedhire.com/jobs/ and include references.