Founded in 1940, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF) advances social change that contributes to a more just, sustainable, and peaceful world. The RBF’s grantmaking is organized around three themes: Democratic Practice, Peacebuilding, and Sustainable Development. Though the Fund pursues its three program interests in a variety of geographic contexts, it has identified several specific locations on which to concentrate cross-programmatic attention. The Fund refers to these as “RBF pivotal places”: subnational areas, nation-states, or cross-border regions that have special importance with regard to the Fund’s substantive concerns and whose future will have disproportionate significance for the future of a surrounding region, an ecosystem, or the world. The Fund currently works in two pivotal places: China and the Western Balkans. The Charles E. Culpeper Arts & Culture program, focused on New York, nurtures a vibrant and inclusive arts community in the Fund’s home city.
Through its grantmaking, the Fund supports efforts to expand knowledge, clarify values and critical choices, nurture creative expression, and shape public policy. The Fund’s programs are intended to develop leaders, strengthen institutions, engage citizens, build community, and foster partnerships that include government, business, and civil society. Respect for cultural diversity and ecological integrity pervades the Fund’s activities.
About The Pocantico Center
In addition to overseeing the stewardship of the historic buildings, collections and gardens, The Pocantico Center is a venue for conferences and meetings on critical issues related to the mission of the RBF. It also serves as a community resource and offers public access through a visitation program, lectures, and cultural events, as well as support to artists and arts organizations in the greater New York City area. Located 20 miles north of Manhattan in the Pocantico Historic Area, The Pocantico Center is managed by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund as part of its agreement with the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund seeks a Conference Services Coordinator for The Pocantico Center to support the Director of Conferences and Administration in planning all aspects of the conference programs, and administrative tasks related to the overall operation of The Pocantico Center. The incumbent will participate in the development and implementation of conferences by working with organizers to determine their specific needs. The Conference Services Coordinator will also track and report conference participant statistics and input those into a database.
· Participate in the development and implementation of conferences. Work with organizers to determine the specific needs of each conference. Plan and coordinate conference services such as room set-ups, audio-visual equipment, guest room assignments, local transportation, and catering requirements, etc. including folders and telephone lists, as needed.
· Assist and prepare resident folders, telephone lists, as needed.
· Oversee all check-in/out procedures and prepare necessary conference related materials. Ensure rooms are prepared for guests prior to their arrival.
· Develop professional rapport with guests. Be available to answer guest questions and respond to any issues that come up.
· Prepare notes and review conference logistics with part-time Conference Center staff and be available to answer questions during non-business hours.
Administrative, Database, and other Duties
· Perform general administrative duties and office functions to support the Director of Conferences and Administration and the overall operation of the Pocantico Center.
· Adhere to the Fund’s anti-terrorist compliance mandate.
· Input conference information into database.
· Track and report specific participant statistics including the number of international participants and the diversity of conference participants.
The incumbent will perform all other duties assigned by the Director of Conferences and Administration.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible and exhibit good judgment.
- Proficiency in Word Processing (Microsoft Word) and ability to learn other applications if needed.
- Knowledgeable in the use of audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to work additional hours outside of regular schedule including, occasionally over the weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Additionally, each employee is expected to:
· Understand and support the philanthropic mission of the RBF.
· Respect and value those who partner with or request assistance from the RBF.
· Manage the resources of the RBF in a manner that maximizes the funds available for charitable activity.
· Appreciate the value of diversity initiatives and equal opportunity in all work relationships.
· Respect the contribution of each employee of the RBF and support colleagues in fulfilling their individual responsibilities.
· Appreciate differences in perspectives and point of view and work collaboratively with colleagues toward shared goals and objectives.
· Commit time to RBF activities and conversations that strengthen the Fund’s culture and improve its effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree and three years of administrative and/or office coordination, event planning work experience.
How To Apply
The Rockefeller Brothers Fund is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from candidates regardless of race, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or religion. We offer a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, a generous benefits package, and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position and qualifications along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘Conference Services Coordinator, The Pocantico Center’ on the subject line of your email. No telephone or fax inquiries please. Application deadline is October 25, 2019.
Rockefeller Brothers Fund
Attn: Human Resources – Conference Services Coordinator, Pocantico Center
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 900
New York, NY 10115
For additional information please visit our website at www.rbf.org.