The Kresge Foundation is one of the top 20 private philanthropic foundations in the United States and the only one focused exclusively on expanding opportunities for people with low income in American cities. With an endowment of approximately $4 billion and a staff of over 100 employees, the foundation deploys grants and social investments across arts and culture, education, environment, health, human services and community development. The foundation’s state-of-the-art headquarters maintains an array of energy-efficient, water-conserving and health-promoting systems. The foundation also operates an office in Detroit’s Midtown district.
The Communications Assistant is an integral member of the External Affairs and Communications team. This role provides administrative and project-based support essential to the functioning of the Communications team, the foundation, and the foundation’s mission.
Scheduling and Correspondence
- Schedules internal and external meetings, coordinates calendar, and confirms appointments for the Director.
- Coordinates business travel, airfare bookings, and accommodation arrangements and develops itineraries for Director.
- Prepares weekly team meeting agenda.
- Curates weekly All Staff Meeting agenda and coordinates with hosts, presenters and IT department.
- Monitors department email and responds to and/or redirects messages as appropriate.
Budget and Contracts
- Prepares, tracks and processes all department vendor contracts and invoices.
- Serves as liaison to external vendors, tracks expenses and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists with budget management and tracking including processing expenses on behalf of the department and Director.
- Manages digital subscriptions and software licenses; prepares and administers artist usage/licensing agreements.
- Serves as project manager for annual Eminent Artist monograph publishing.
- Provides support for coordination, logistics and planning for approximately 2-3 external events annually.
- Performs website and intranet updates as needed.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Supports on-site photo shoots and manages staff photo library.
- Supports organization and maintenance of digital photos for ease of use, access, transmittal, and production.
- Maintains contact/distribution lists for special events and publication mailings.
- Prepares large mailings and material shipments for External Affairs & Communications team.
- Opens and distributes department mail.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or Associates degree, including course work in business communications, office management, and related areas.
- A minimum of three years of professional administrative office experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact as a team member and with Foundation colleagues.
- Proven experience with advanced Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other software is essential to accomplishing the work of this position.
- Proven experience and skill with calendar management, travel arrangements, and proofreading.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and practice discretion.
- Familiarity with Asana or another project management software.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible to adhere to changing project requests and requirements.
- High attention to detail.
- Highly collaborative approach to working in a team-based environment.
This position is full-time. The starting salary for this position begins at $57,000.00 per year. Individual offers will be based on the candidate’s years of experience and our practice of upholding salary equity within the foundation.
The application deadline for this position is Midnight EST on August 1, 2023.
The Kresge Foundation COVID -19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be “up to date” on the COVID-19 vaccination. The Foundation defines “up to date” as having received two primary doses of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna vaccine or one primary dose of the J&J vaccine and any booster dose(s) when eligible. Proof of vaccination must be provided prior to the first day of employment. If you believe you need a disability or religious accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act regarding the vaccination policy, you are responsible for requesting an accommodation prior to your first day of employment by notifying Human Resources. Employment will be contingent upon the outcome of the accommodation review process.
This position is located in Troy, Michigan and currently has a hybrid schedule. Tuesday and Wednesday will be the standard in-office days, however, there may be times when you will have to adjust the days based on work needs.
Some of the benefits include:
· Relocation Services
· Health, dental, vision and life insurance
· Paid time off
· Half day Fridays
· 401k and 401k matching
· Tuition reimbursement
· Life, accident and disability insurance
Kresge is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Kresge Foundation participates in E-Verify to confirm authorization to work in the United States. For more information on E-Verify and to know your rights please click here.
How To Apply
Please click the link below to apply: