The Organization – Funders Together to End Homelessness
Our Mission: Funders Together to End Homelessness mobilizes its members to use philanthropy’s voice, influence, and financial capital to end homelessness by creating and advancing lasting solutions that are grounded in racial and housing justice, driven by love and disruption, and centering people with lived expertise.
About Funders Together: Funders Together to End Homelessness is the only philanthropic membership organization devoted to ending homelessness in the United States. We serve as a vehicle for members to be part of a broader movement and bring greater financial and intellectual resources to end homelessness and move toward housing justice, and we support the field of philanthropy by providing critical learning and networking opportunities around best practices and innovation to ensure investments are maximized.
Please find the complete position description, including details about experience requirements and salary, on Funders Together’s website.
The Director of Membership and Programs is a relationship-builder, dot-connector, and trusted sounding board in the organization and the field. They lead the development and implementation of the membership strategy and activities (recruitment, retention, and engagement) for the organization and serve as a key point of contact for members across the country. They also lead the development of our programmatic strategy and execute programming (convenings, webinars, networking events, etc.) for the organization. A successful Director of Membership and Programs builds strong relationships with members, understands members’ interests, and serves as a resource to members. They design and implement programming that is visionary, timely, applicable for our unique audience and understand how membership informs programming and vice versa.
- Lead the development of a membership strategy for the organization that identifies specific membership goals, priorities, and activities for engaging and recruiting members.
- Deepen and sustain member engagement by serving as a key point of contact for members and customizing support based on a deep understanding of members’ goals, objectives, and needs within Funders Together and for their community.
- Identify mutually beneficial ways for Funders Together and members to support each other’s’ goals by keeping apprised of member interests and activities and understanding how Funders Together’s and members’ work overlap or align.
- Research and recruit funders working in homelessness, housing, or intersectional issue areas, with the dual goals of increasing membership revenue and building a stronger network of philanthropy committed to advancing housing justice.
- Support Funders Together staff and board in engaging new or prospective members by sharing regular membership updates and assessments of member, including but not limited to membership numbers, revenue, engagement data, priorities, talking points and materials, and assessments of membership activities.
- Serve as the manager for the Membership and Knowledge Coordinator, who supports the membership renewal process, membership knowledge management, and membership administrative tasks.
- Create an annual programming strategy that articulates a learning arc that balances visionary housing justice work with applicable steps for philanthropy and identifies programmatic goals for the organization.
- Design and execute programming that pushes philanthropy to advance racial and housing justice, speaks to members’ needs and interests, and shares timely and emerging work in housing and homelessness. This programming includes, but is not limited to, two annual signature in-person events, 1-2 webinars or funder calls per month, designing resources (recommendations, blog posts, etc.) in partnership with colleagues, and other network-building activities.
- Lead the design and project management for the Funders Forum and Funders Institute, our two annual in-person convenings, including but not limited to, session content, speaker identification, event logistics, and internal project coordination.
- Develop partnerships with other issue-based and regional philanthropy serving organizations (PSOs) and field partners to design programming and engage members across interest areas or geographic regions.
- In partnership with the Programs and Communications Manager, engage members as program speakers or participants, plan programming logistics, and effectively communicate about Funders Together’s work.
- In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer, co-lead or support new or existing communities of practice, such as Foundations for Racial Equity (FRE), and other potential learning communities.
- Guide and support Board of Directors in engaging existing or prospective members.
- Lead board Membership Committee meetings and co-lead Program Committee meetings in partnership with the Director of Networks.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe how you would apply your specific experience and skills to the responsibilities of this position. Cover letters can be addressed to Stephanie Chan, Chief Strategy Officer.