Do you value purpose in your work and thrive in an inclusive environment that emphasizes learning and collaboration? Do you get excited to read and learn more about a topic, and generate, discuss and exchange ideas that can drive impact? Are you an entrepreneurial leader who thrives when given the opportunity to create and implement a vision?
About Community Wealth Partners
Community Wealth Partners helps nonprofits and foundations accelerate progress on their missions and solve social problems at the magnitude they exist. Our clients, who are our partners, are not satisfied with incremental change; they are driven by the belief that social problems, while complex and interconnected, can be solved. Our people share that belief and are motivated by the opportunity to tackle complex issues every day through strategy, implementation, and strategic capacity building engagements. As a subsidiary of a national nonprofit, Share Our Strength, we bring the successful practices of one of the nation’s leading anti-hunger, anti-poverty organizations to hundreds of change agents nationwide. With a goal of doubling our organization’s impact and revenue by 2022, we are in growth mode and seek a new senior team member to help us make this vision a reality.
Community Wealth Partners is seeking a director who will oversee our content strategy, development, and distribution, aligning this body of work with the firm’s overall brand and strategy. Reporting to a member of our executive team, this director will engage with our team, our clients, and the sector to identify compelling topics and themes, design original research and learning experiences to advance them, and create and disseminate high-value content that meets the needs of our clients and target market. This team member also will supervise and guide our communications team as it develops new and current assets, such as our website, editorial calendar, blog, email newsletter, social media channels (i.e., Twitter and LinkedIn), published articles, and conference proposals and presentations. The director is responsible for overseeing these content and communications functions to help elevate Community Wealth Partners’ brand and provide helpful tools for its consulting team for relationship building, business development, and client delivery.
The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of the social sector, bring strong analytical rigor to uncover insights, be outstanding at generating original content ideas, and be able to connect with people to advance their thinking and generate excitement around their ideas. We are seeking a team member who is an exceptional writer and editor, thrives in a collaborative, results-based, continuous learning environment and approaches work with optimism, resourcefulness, creativity, respect for others, and a passion for solving social problems. This person will be joining a dynamic team that is committed to “being the change” to achieve social justice.
Thought Leadership Strategy and Content (75%)
- Create an overarching vision for original content creation that is aligned with the firm’s overall brand strategy.
- Engage with our team, our clients, and the sector to identify emerging themes and compelling topics, and collect relevant data and insights from our client work and the field.
- Design projects—such as original research or learning experiences—to advance topics and themes that will provide value to key audiences.
- Conduct original research and facilitate learning experiences, and/or identify appropriate partners to lead these activities and actively manage the partnerships.
- Determine the most effective format for content creation, ranging from long-form thought leadership articles to shorter blogs, presentations, infographics, and interactive tools, and identify the appropriate distribution channels for the content.
- Write, pitch, and place content for distribution in major print and online media (e.g., Stanford Social Innovation Review, The Foundation Review) that reaches key audiences.
- Identify and support opportunities for consulting team members to showcase the firm’s work and serve as spokespersons in convenings, forums, conferences, and with written works.
- In collaboration with the firm’s leadership, secure funds to support original research and/or learning experiences, and actively manage these external relationships.
Communications Guidance (15%)
- Oversee the firm’s external communications function, including managing, developing, and providing thought partnership to the firm’s current communications team member.
Firm Leadership (10%)
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, informing the strategic growth and direction of the firm.
- Grow the firm’s content and communications team, as needed, and as funding is secured.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- 15+ years of work experience, with experience in or exposure to professional services firms or management consulting desired.
- Experience in content strategy and development, thought leadership, journalism, communications, or a related field.
- An understanding of the social sector and the issues faced by foundations and nonprofits.
- Experience serving as a thought partner to leaders at foundations and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Experience supervising team members and actively supporting their professional development.
- Experience conceiving of original research projects and learning experiences to advance ideas.
- Exceptional writing, editing, public speaking, storytelling, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated track record of securing funds for programs and projects and managing these relationships.
- Strong project and budget management skills; experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- History of collaborating with and engaging diverse groups of people.
- Experience writing and/or facilitating conversations about topics such as race, racism, and equity.
- Experience applying an equity lens to communications and thought leadership efforts.
- A big-picture thinker who enjoys strategically and creatively conceptualizing and executing against a vision.
- A thought partner who openly shares their opinions and helps advance the thinking of those around them.
- A learner with an insatiable intellectual curiosity and a drive to uncover needs and deeper insights.
- A storyteller, presenter, and facilitator who loves helping people identify and apply insights and learnings.
- A relationship builder with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build long-term relationships with diverse and multi-cultural groups of people.
- A manager with high quality standards and a strong commitment to integrity, authenticity, and accuracy.
- A team member who enjoys having fun with their colleagues and brings a sense of humor.
How To Apply
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. The position involves approximately 15-25% travel.
Interested parties should submit a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples via the Community Wealth Partners careers page by January 29, 2018, at http://communitywealth.com/our-people/careers/. We are targeting a start date in Winter 2018.
Community Wealth Partners is an equal opportunity employer. More information about Community Wealth Partners is available at www.communitywealth.com