Wellspring Philanthropic Fund is a private grantmaking foundation dedicated to advancing the realization of human rights and the effective advancement of social justice for all people. We ground our work in our respect for the inherent worth and dignity of every person, and we prioritize the advancement of racial, gender, and economic justice across all our programs. Through domestic and international grantmaking, Wellspring strives to cultivate accountable social systems and structures that uphold human dignity, strengthen agency, and advance equity for all people, and to contribute to making real change that matters. As responsible stewards, we strive to maximize the impact of our charitable investments and make a tangible difference in shifting conditions that materially affect people’s lives. Wellspring has offices in New York, NY and Washington, DC. For more information, please visit www.wpfund.org.
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund seeks an Assistant to join its Information Technology Team. The Information Technology Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive technological support to a diverse and highly mobile professional work force, with main offices in DC and New York. This position is based in Washington, DC.
The Assistant, who will report to the Deputy Director of Information Systems and Security is responsible for supporting and proactively maintaining the day‐to‐day IT, AV and Security infrastructure of a state‐of‐the‐art office environment, including responding to both remote and hands‐on Help Desk related tasks. The right individual for this position will be meticulous, forward thinking, highly motivated, and truly thrive on helping others to succeed.
- Responsible for addressing tier 1 tickets as well as reassigning tier 2 and 3 tickets to other IT members and/or vendors, as necessary.
- Work with NY IT Assistant to ensure IT invoices are paid in a timely manner and the IT vendor/accounts tracking system is kept up to date.
- Day to day responsibilities will include deploying and maintaining computer hardware, software, mobile devices, managing IT assets, promoting IT policy and security practices, and training and assisting staff with the use of technology.
- Quickly identify, research, and resolve technical problems by leveraging the use of approved resources.
- Help support and develop the company intranet, leveraging the capabilities of SharePoint to create workflow and knowledge management efficiencies.
- Establish relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders to ensure technology solutions are delivered to meet business needs.
- Support information security initiatives and ensure the safe utilization, flow, and storage of Wellspring information by applying the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Attend trainings and conferences to develop both technical and soft skills required to fulfill core responsibilities of supporting and protecting Wellspring’s information systems.
- One to three years of experience supporting a Microsoft Windows environment (Servers, Desktop, and Office 365) including iOS product integration.
- Able to operate effectively within a globally dispersed, complex, highly collaborative organization.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate solutions with both passion and clarity to non‐technical audiences.
- Thoughtful in assessing the need for improving IT and adept at presenting a business case for change to upper management.
- Able to support all internal Information and Communications technology systems and respond to users’ needs in a timely manner with a dedication and ability to provide the highest level of technical customer service.
- Highly adaptable and can think strategically and creatively in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Comfortable with working independently in a dynamic environment while managing competing projects and priorities.
- Comfortable with working after hours from time to time to complete projects or respond to security incidents that may occur after business hours.
- Knowledge of modern computer networking technologies.
- Able to handle confidential client information with complete discretion.
- Fluent in Windows, Office, iOS, and cloud technologies and experience working with Active Directory.
- Experience with cloud‐managed network and mobile device management platforms.
- Experience supporting enterprise level video conferencing systems – knowledge of Polycom room systems, Crestron and Bluejeans a plus.
- Available to travel between DC and NY monthly, to travel to domestic conferences as needed, and internationally once a year (as needed and conditions permitting).
- Understands and values social justice, including racial and gender equity as an organizational operating principle – and is committed to continued learning on issues related to race, gender, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- IT certifications such as ITIL, CompTIA A+, MCSA and/or PMP.
- Attained or actively pursuing a college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant field of study.
- Administration of Microsoft SharePoint infrastructure including workflows and site development.
- Previous experience in the nonprofit and philanthropic sector.
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Group Policy and administration of Office 365 a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing end user trainings.
- Experience supporting grant management databases.
- Experience delivering technology for an organization with staff who travel frequently, including to remote locations with limited IT resources and internet bandwidth.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The team member may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary of $75,000 – $79,000 commensurate with experience.
Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long‐term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer contribution), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender‐ inclusive healthcare.
WELLSPRING’S INSTITUTIONAL CULTURE OF RESPECT, EQUITY, INCLUSION AND BELONGING
Wellspring Philanthropic Fund believes we are strengthened by the diversity of our staff, and welcomes such diversity including race, gender identity or expression, educational attainment, disability, veteran status, and personal experience with the criminal justice system. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we strongly encourage people of color and persons with disabilities to apply. We actively cultivate an institutional culture that reflects the values of respect, equity and inclusion that we seek through our work to amplify in the larger world.
Wellspring hires, promotes, and retains employees based on their professional qualifications, demonstrated abilities and work performance, as well as on the degree to which these qualities are required in the employment positions made available by the Foundations’ service needs and business requirements. All personnel decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline and discharge, are made without discrimination based on any protected characteristic as defined by law (e.g., race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, domestic partner status, veteran or military status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, and prior criminal convictions, as well as educational attainment.)
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE
Wellspring’s Offices have returned to in-person work using a hybrid model. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated and to work from the office Tuesday – Thursday and have the option to work remotely Monday and Friday. To ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, we will continue to monitor the situation and follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
How To Apply
For employment consideration, please submit application to email@example.com Subject Line: “DC-IT Assistant– [YOUR NAME].”
Applications must include the following attachments (all in PDF format):
- a resumé;
- a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity, what attracted you to the position and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range)
No phone calls please.
NOTE: All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of hire to be considered for this position.