NCFP envisions a world where all communities and systems are vibrant, equitable, and regenerative. To support this, NCFP works to ensure that philanthropic families gain greater clarity of purpose and achieve more meaning and impact in their giving while the field of family philanthropy pursues an ambitious vision toward intentional giving.
Reporting to the Director, Development & Community, the Manager, Member Relations will be responsible for member recruitment, engagement, and retention efforts in support of NCFP’s new strategic direction. The ideal candidate is an organized project manager and compelling writer with strong data gathering and analysis skills.
She/he/they will help create a culture of trust and accountability, transparent communication, and continuous improvement; will be a flexible team player able to work in a cross-functional team environment; and will be committed to motivating and supporting internal and external stakeholders to create a culture and practice that centers the many intersectional aspects of equity and racial equity.
The salary for this position is between $75,000 – $85,000 depending on experience plus benefits, which include paid vacation; 11 holidays; new parent leave; 100% employee premium paid for medical/dental/vision insurance; 5% retirement contribution; short and long-term disability and life insurance; transportation benefit; and professional development. This is a Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status exempt position with a flexible remote option.
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Member Engagement / Donor Relations (50%)
• Plan and implement cultivation opportunities for existing members and prospects (i.e. – new member orientations, welcome and discovery calls, post-event follow up)
• Manage development and implementation of donor-specific communication plan including acknowledgment letters, renewal notices and reminders, blogs, and annual and mid-year reports
• Manage facilitation of development committee and Friends of Family committee to support NCFP’s fundraising and network engagement initiatives
Project Management / Recruitment and Retention (40%)
• Working closely with Director, Development & Community, manage implementation of NCFP’s quarterly member touchpoint strategy; serve as a key liaison between members and program staff
• Conduct research on potential members, make recommendations on recruitment strategies based on prospect profile
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports to track progress towards recruitment and retention goals
Administrative Support (10%)
• Track and record member calls and emails; ensure member data is accurate and up-to-date
• Support maintenance of network database including data entry, data cleaning, analysis and reporting
• Provide data and information to support creation of monthly development report
• Prepare donor profile documents in advance of funder meetings to support senior management team
How To Apply
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Manager, Member Relations Search. Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered.