The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law is one of the nation’s leading national racial justice legal organizations. Formed in 1963 at the request of President John F. Kennedy, the Lawyers’ Committee uses legal advocacy to achieve racial justice, fighting inside and outside the courts to ensure that Black people and other people of color have the voice, opportunity, and power to make the promises of our democracy real.
The Lawyers’ Committee seeks a dedicated and highly-motivated Development Associate to help support the Development Department. The Development Associate will work closely with Development, Project, and Accounting staff to offer administrative support. The Development Associate handles a variety of tasks related to institutional, corporate, and individual giving, including foundation prospect research, drafting donor-centered communications, and administrative support. Additionally, this position holds the primary responsibility for the administration and use of the organization’s donor database, accurately recording gift transactions, and continuously expanding and improving constituent data. The Development Associate generates gift acknowledgments, appeal lists, and campaign reports and performs other functions in support of Development operations.
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC. The Development Associate will work under the supervision of the Director of Development.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manipulate constituent data to produce segmented recipient lists for targeted solicitations;
· Proactively mine donor data and keep current with emerging trends;
· Work with the Development Team to seek creative connections between our programs, staff, and events to engage prospects and donors; and
· Demonstrate customer-focused orientation by anticipating and exceeding the needs of our donors, Board members, and external constituents.
· Oversee the daily operation of a relational development database, including recording gift transactions;
· Continuously support revenue generation through, data cleansing, querying/reporting, list management, and analysis; and
· Ensure the accuracy and integrity of gift and constituent data and reporting; Output includes generating gift receipts, campaign reporting, and financial reporting.
Gift and Donor Data Entry
· Record revenue received from various sources including online and offline credit card transactions, gifts of stock, wire transfers and checks received in-house;
· Generate and distribute gift summary reports;
· Prepare timely and accurate gift acknowledgments;
· Process changes of address and research bad addresses and other updates to constituent records;
· Conduct biographical, financial, and philanthropic research on individuals and/or institutional prospects and donors; and
· Assist in other Development initiatives and activities: including annual Gala and special events, Foundation, Major Gifts, Firm/Corporate, Direct Marketing, and other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume including graduation completion dates to https://podio.com/webforms/25366077/1879427. No calls will be accepted. Salary and benefits are competitive for a nonprofit legal organization. Staff Benefits include Employer Sponsored (Medical, Dental, and Group Life & AD&D); Voluntary Benefits (Vision Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Supplemental Life) coverage; the opportunity to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan; Voluntary Flexible Spending (Medical and/or Dependent Care) and Stipends (Cell Phone and Commuter/Parking Benefits); 11 paid Holidays and Vacation/Sick days. Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion: The Lawyers’ Committee embraces diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We strongly encourage candidates of color and candidates from underrepresented communities to apply. The Lawyers’ Committee does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status protected under law. Accessibility Assistance: Although calls will not be accepted regarding questions about the position, if you are an individual with a disability and need assistance completing the online application, please call 202-662-8600 and ask for an applicant accommodation or send an email with the subject line “Applicant Accommodation” to email@example.com.