One of the nation’s leading nonpartisan gender equity organizations is seeking a Senior Vice President of Advancement and Partnerships to help take advantage of a pivotal opportunity to expand its impact.
AAUW is a pioneering organization dedicated to advancing equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States. AAUW recently completed a CEO transition designed to steer the organization in new directions as its demographics and the public policy challenges it confronts continue to evolve.
CEO Kimberly Churches has begun a robust strategic planning process that will weave all of AAUW’s initiatives into a clear and compelling voice that advances non-partisan engagement with members and other stakeholders in an increasingly polarized and still inequitable political and socio-economic environment. The SVP of Advancement & Partnerships will advance this effort by designing and overseeing a robust strategic advancement plan that employs sophisticated strategies to ensure the liquidity, adaptability, and sustainability of AAUW and to support the achievement of its strategic priorities.
The SVP will lead the Advancement & Partnerships team to generate innovative and comprehensive forms of financial and non-financial support; engage leaders, staff, donors, and partners to build nonpartisan coalitions of supporters; and lead creative forms of member engagement that help expand AAUW’s stakeholders and impact.
The SVP’s specific qualifications include:
- At least 10 years of experience in senior management roles in a national non-profit organization; experience in a membership organization is preferred.
- Record of orchestrating a systematic, goal-oriented, and highly customized approach to the identification and engagement of prospective donors, volunteers, and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a case for support that engages people across the spectrum of a polarized political environment in a nonpartisan organization.
- History of working with a donor base that is diverse across multiple dimensions, including age, race, and political ideology.
- Knowledge of best practices of donor pipeline management and of evolving trends in philanthropic giving, including donor priorities and philanthropic program design.
- Track record of securing significant 6- and 7-figure funding agreements.
- Proven ability to inspire, lead, and manage a multigenerational workforce and to cultivate an inclusive environment among staff.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree is preferred.
How To Apply
DRi is leading this search for AAUW. For more information, visit http://www.driconsulting.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.