Arabella Advisors helps philanthropists and investors pursue their social and environmental goals more effectively. Our platform of services enables clients to use all of their assets—grants, investments, relationships, time, and talent—to achieve greater good. We work with large foundations and corporations, as well as families and individuals, to develop strategic focus, execute projects, evaluate grantees and programs, invest for impact, efficiently manage grants and funds, and continually learn and innovate. Our team is socially minded and entrepreneurial, always looking for ways to make the world a better place by better serving our clients.
About the Managed Organizations Team
Arabella Advisors provides operations and management support to multiple public charities, including a 501(c)(3) named the New Venture Fund and a 501(c)(4). These managed organizations house new and innovative public interest projects and nonprofits, as well as coordinate collaborative initiatives between donors and administer grants programs. This type of structure is commonly referred to as fiscal sponsorship, and candidates are highly encouraged to research fiscal sponsorship prior to a first interview. The managed organizations provide support to a diverse range of projects, including many focused on conservation and global health. The organizations have also provided fiscal sponsorship to projects focused on voter registration, public policy, education, disaster recovery, and music and the arts.
To find out more about Arabella Advisors click here.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, Managed Organizations (MO), the Human Resources Associate, MO assists with the administration of vital human resources functions and responsibilities for Arabella Advisors’ non-profit affiliates, primarily the New Venture Fund. This position provides exceptional service to our clients and their associated staff regarding personnel matters, payroll, benefits and internal HR systems. This position will partner with the Managed Organizations department as well as staff associated with our affiliated nonprofit organizations to support the overall goals of the MO HR team.
· Provide exceptional daily HR service to clients and fiscal sponsored organization staff, communicating quickly, effectively and efficiently.
· Maintain employee confidence and protect confidentiality of personnel data.
· Coordinate onboarding processes for new staff and exit processes for departing staff.
· Maintain working knowledge of relevant policies, procedures and benefit plans.
· Participate in developing and supporting HR’s objectives, outputs and standards.
Payroll and Benefits Administration
· Support payroll by administering employee changes, documentation and HRIS data.
· Support benefits administration by coordinating documentation for new employees, change requests, terminations and open enrollment.
· Maintain employee electronic and paper files in compliance with Arabella and legal requirements.
· Administer and enter accurate data into all HR information systems.
· Run regular and ad hoc reports as requested.
Systems Improvements Support
· Assist with the planning, development and integration of new and existing technology solutions that facilitate improved access to information for clients and staff.
· Assist with creation of a system to coordinate the high volume of communications.
· Coordinate performance management system.
· Proactively suggest process and systems improvements to senior team members
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· At least 2 years of relevant professional experience required.
· Exposure to payroll, an HRIS and/or benefits programs required.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to create effective presentations, training materials and/or toolkits.
· High level of comfort with data systems, such as HRIS’s, Salesforce or other databases.
· Excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to take a thoughtful approach to addressing challenges quickly, efficiently and without compromising excellence.
· Demonstrate sound professional judgment and confidence.
· Experience managing high volume of tasks with shifting priorities and deadlines.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service mentality and high degree of integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in human resources; demonstrated interest in the field of Human Resources required.
· Experience in a progressive, mission-driven and entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
· Candidates with optimism, adaptability and a good sense of humor preferred.
A Career with Arabella Advisors:
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, fun, transparent, collaborative, and healthy culture. Arabella is committed to providing excellent benefits to our employees. For you and your eligible dependents, we pay 100% of premiums and in-network deductibles for health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide you disability coverage; life insurance; personal and volunteer leave time; a 401K match that you are eligible to receive when you start; $1,500 a year for professional development; and a fitness benefit.
We are also committed to building a firm that is diverse and inclusive. We invite our clients and employees to be fully themselves. By integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work, we benefit from increased knowledge, creativity, flexibility, and organizational and individual growth. We expect all Arabella staff to share this commitment.
We invite you to visit our careers website to learn more about our people, culture, and work.
Arabella Advisors is an equal opportunity employer.
About Commongood Careers:
Arabella Advisors has partnered with Commongood Careers to conduct the search for an Associate of Culture and Talent. Commongood Careers is a mission-driven search firm that supports the hiring needs of high-impact organizations. With an approach that leverages robust talent networks, recruitment and search management expertise, and a deep understanding of our clients’ missions and cultures, we help organizations secure the talent they need to create greater social impact. Since our founding in 2005, Commongood Careers has led more than 700 searches at 275 organizations in 33 states, making us one of the most experienced and dedicated social sector search firms in the country. Learn more about job opportunities at Commongood Careers.