Reporting to the Director of Direct Response Marketing, the Membership Coordinator will be responsible for supporting activities of the Membership and Strategic Operations team. The coordinator will join a growing team responsible for the creation and production of direct response marketing campaigns designed to cultivate members and recruit new donors to the organization. This role will help coordinate activities from the various internal and external partners that provide services in the areas of Member Services, Digital and Direct Mail fundraising, and Strategic Operations.
This role is an opportunity to learn the essentials of direct response marketing as well as the core functions of Membership operations. In this role, the person will partner with internal key stake holders as well as with outside production vendors and creative agencies to develop effective fundraising campaigns. This role is also responsible for maintaining data hygiene and responding to member inquiries.
This position plays an important role in supporting an inclusive organizational culture that is grounded in trust and accountability to shared goals and outcomes. TWS has made diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic priorities for the organization and the Membership Coordinator will integrate these priorities throughout their essential duties and responsibilities as well as their goals. Across our team, we aspire to be campaign oriented, nimble, collaborative, innovative, transparent, and supportive of staff – our greatest asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Direct Response Marketing
- In partnership with managing Directors, assist in the development of marketing strategies to reach audiences of diverse backgrounds and meet revenue goals, including assisting with partnership promotional opportunities.
- Assist Director of Direct Response Marketing in all aspects of direct mail production, including quality control for art and copy
- Assist in project management of all email marketing content. This includes light copy writing and editing, basic content production and ensuring that emails are approved on schedule.
- Assist in gathering content for monthly digital newsletter.
- Responsible for trafficking all fundraising content for internal review and approval.
- Work in tandem with the Digital Marketing Director to analyze data from Google Analytics to optimize campaigns and email strategy.
- Coordinate the internal process of uploading fundraising promotion campaigns, including source codes, promotion codes, and cost details into the database of record
- Assist in photo research for various campaigns such as the TWS calendar; greeting cards; premiums; and any other digital or print needs.
- Manage library of print samples and digital assets.
- Manage schedule and attend strategic and creative meetings with internal staff and outside vendors.
- Support other members of the marketing and media teams in special projects and duties as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for TWS’ Member Services call center; responsible for identifying areas of concern and directing them to the appropriate parties.
- Oversee the TWS email inboxes associated with Member Services inquiries.
- Maintain and regularly update Member Services manual to ensure it is reflective of the most current internal and external processes.
- Intake all donations received in-house and hand them off to Strategic Operations team for processing.
- Assist onsite at various marketing events, including Earthshare events.
· Participate in special projects, including opportunities to participate and engage in learning sessions on equity, diversity, and inclusion as well as join the Philanthropy Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Recruitment Team and perform other duties as assigned.
Experience, Competencies, and Education
- 2-4 years of data entry, membership or other project management experience.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited instruction.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, with staff and vendors
- Track record working successfully in teams representing a rich mix of talent, backgrounds, and perspectives — across race and gender.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, team–oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically with Excel.
- General knowledge of fundraising, especially direct mail is a plus.
How To Apply
For consideration, please submit your resume through our online application system.